*15*

Before we start, I just want to say that as Nigerians ( or UARians abi na Uraniums) we need to pray for our country right now more than ever before.

I also plead with all my non-Nigerian readers( if I have any😁) to join us in prayers🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽.

The Lord keep this country for us🤲🏽🤲🏽.

~~~~~~~
"Arise o compatriots,
Nigeria's call obey "
~~~~~~~
-The Nigerian National Anthem

Chetachi

Today's September 30th, the day Hillsong's holding its annual Independence celebration.

As I stared out of the back window of the car, I noticed everything was wrapped, covered or draped in the national colours of green and white.

Green, for our fertile soils that were barely cultivated anymore.

White, for peace and unity, that was already broken and shattered.

But, like always, the citizens I saw through the window were all smiles and hailed greetings as they went about their morning activities.

I arrived at school by 11:30, 30 minutes before the celebration began.

The school itself was also patriotically decorated.

I shook my head, recalling Beryl's tale of the fight that had happened a little more than 24 hours ago.

As soon as she mentioned Darius, I'd assumed he'd gotten into a another brawl with Azikiwe.

I was shocked when she'd completed the tale.

Darius and Ola?

How? From where, kwa?

I mean, it's not like they were BFFs or anything, but it's also not like they were enemies.

Then again, one only truly knows him/herself .

"Hey!" Deja called, approaching me where I stood.

She elegantly made her way over, decked out in a green mini-skirt suit.

Wahala for who no be fashionista.

I stared down at my white outfit and shrugged.

"Bestie of life! I see you, girl!" I hailed her.

"Yes o!" she responded, strutting and twirling like the supermodel I made her out to be in my head.

"Ommooorrr! Girls looking hawt!"someone hollered.

We turned to see Austin.

"Austin! What the actual hell?!"

He had painted his whole face to resemble the national flag, like those fans at the World Cup.

As if that wasn't enough, he was dressed from head-to-toe in green and white.

Literally.

Like, he even had on a curly, green-white-green clown wig propped on his head.