*16*

Welcome🙈🥂🥂

Remember this is like pt. 2 of the last chapter.

Let's dive right in!!!

*******
"To serve our father's land,
with love and strength and faith."
*******
-The Nigerian National Anthem.

Majid

Phineas suggested we go to Giancarlo's , a Nigerian-Italian restaurant rumoured to have the absolutely best pizzas, pasta and ravioli.

It was a little strange going out with Chetachi, Adejare and Beryl.

Usually, the only girls we hung out with as a group were Ola's endless string of girlfriends.

"Where should we sit?" Kes asked.

I looked round the restaurant and took it in.

The design and decor had this rustic look about it, as if it had existed long before.

The colour scheme was all reds and whites and greens.

Polished marble tiles lined the floor in a checkered pattern.

At a farther end, a chef flipped pizza dough in front of a traditonal oven as people watched him.

"Over there," Beryl pointed to one of the booths.

The six of us shared ourselves on either side of the booth.

Chetachi, Phineas and Adejare on one side, Beryl, Kes and I on the other.

Seated rather comfortably, I pulled out my phone to call Khalid and make sure he was alright.

He's 14 freaking years old, Majid, I scolded myself.

After a brief mental battle, I decided to send him a voiced message.

"Be careful and have fun with Veronica, okay? I'll see you at home," I said and hit 'send'.

I was relieved when I saw the two check marks on the bottom right turn blue.

He sent a thumbs up emoji in reply.

Pocketing my phone again, I looked up and observed the others.

I noticed something new between Chetachi and Phineas.

Like they had formed a sort of bond between themselves.

I raised an eyebrow and shook my head slightly.

It'll be interesting to watch how that plays out.

Then there was Adejare, quiet as ever, only replying when her opinion was needed or when she really wanted to say something.

She kept avoiding eye contact with Kes, though, stylishly looking away whenever their eyes met.

Kes, on the other hand, sat there with his usual smile on, his hands absent mindedly rubbing the ring-less space on his finger.