*35*

Anyeong you guysss🤭

I know you people are surprised that I updated so quickly.

I said lemme give y'all a small gift before I disappear again😹💔.

This school life is not easy o.

I lowkey just want to run away and make avant-garde art I'll be selling to rich people for like $1 million dollars for each piece😔.

Anywayyyy....enjoy the chapter💞

~~~~~~~
"I'm loving your light,
Vulnerable,
Letting your gaurd down,
That's honourable."
~~~~~~~~
- J.Cole
(Pretty Little Fears)

PHINEAS

After dropping the guys at the Mall, I began my route to Chetachi's house.

She told me to come get her as soon as we were done with Lami; that she'd be ready and waiting.

Now, having lived with a little sister for technically all my life, I know when a girl says she'll be 'ready', it usually means when you'll still have to wait a bit for her.

But hopefully, this slight Mall detour has given Chetachi enough time to really and truly get ready.

Although in all honesty, I'd wait as long as she wants me to if that's not the case.

There was a bit of traffic on my way, but was able to make it to Chetachi's in good time.

I parked outside, got down and rang the bell by the gate.

Chetachi told me that she had already shown the gate man my picture like a million times already, so I had nothing to worry about.

The gate man opened up, letting me through after looking at my face intently.

I walked up to the door, taking in the exterior of the Chetachi's house.

It was quite large, but not in a way that was imposing or intimidating. Instead it seemed oddly protective, like a fortress almost, but in a warm, welcoming sort of way.

It was a whitish-grey, allowing it to look both vintage and modern all at once, contrasting perfectly with the bursts of colour provided by the flowers that seemed to circle round the front yard.

There was an early 2000s American style garage to the left, adding to the almost vintage appeal of the house.

I approached the door, but before I could knock on it, it was opened by a short, plump lady in a pretty blue apron.

"Good afternoon, ma," I greeted her politely and she smiled at me.

"Good afternoon, young man," she replied.

I heard running behind her, and with it came Chetachi's voice.

"Is it him, Cookie? Is he here?"

"Yes, he's here," the lady -Cookie- called back. She stepped aside and gestured, "Do come in."

I stepped into the house and my nostrils were immediately filled with a fresh, minty scent that settled in my insides.