Chapter 7 : Late Night Blues

Trigger Warnings: Panic Attack, Physical Assault, Sensitive Conversation Subjects, Suicide Attempt

Dream softly drove his car, trying his best not to disturb the sleeping passengers who were napping soundly. As he drove, his eyes laid upon a group of people. They looked like they were a pact of friends.

The group was talking merrily, telling each other jokes and laughing together. It made Dream envision himself into them and replacing the others with his actual friends. The vivid imagery sparkled in his head, and it made Dream joyous.

Then reality dawned on him. The image was slowly tearing apart, ripping out Dream from the picture and then his spot was replaced by Jake. Dream's light smile immediately transformed into a devastating frown. He sighed depressively, his grip on the steering wheel tightened and cold nervous sweat began to run down from his head.

He was silently having a panic attack.

Out of all points in time, did he really need to have one while driving?

Dream attempted at controlling his breathing knowing that it will wake everyone up if he, all of the sudden, starts breathing rapidly.

His vision started multiplying into doubles and triples, but that didn't make him lose control over the wheel.

He forcefully pushed down the urge to vomit and remained vigilant on what he's doing.

Focusing on the road, he miraculously manages to push through the attack without making a noise. Relief washed over Dream, thank the heavens that he didn't lose control over his vehicle.

The sun began to set in Florida, turning the sky from a deep azure blue to beautiful blood orange sky. The streetlamps gradually turns on their lights and pedestrians began to take a deep dive in quantity.

Ever since his childhood, Dream enjoyed just staring into space, gazing at the sun gradually disappearing beneath the sky horizon.

It had a nice peaceful yet sorrow meaning behind it. It was a reminder that tomorrow is coming and new adventures are awaiting for you, but on the other hand it also reminded that all you have done today was now documented into the history of time and will never be changed ever again.

It made Dream reflect of what he has done, and today was no exception. He drifts off into the land of his own thoughts. A world where his beloved memories were kept and also the bad ones.

Dream had a larger collection of the bad ones than the good ones, mostly thanks to the events of last month and some British prick that decided to start ruining his life.

He remembered each one in great detail, sometimes he remembered too much that it almost felt he was reliving them and the amount of pain he had gone through each time still bothered him as if it happened yesterday.

"You have arrived at your destination" the GPS warned, startling Dream. He was brought back to reality and the robotic voice seemed to all have woken up the 9 sleeping beauties as well.

"Rise and shine!" Dream exclaimed, in an enthusiastic tone hiding the anxiety . He did say that this particular act of kindness that he was about to do could backfire, but Dream tried his best to stay optimistic although you couldn't that he wasn't worried.

"Mmmm... where are we?" George mumbled groggily, yawning along the way. It made Dream snorted in amusement.

"How about we go see it all together?" Dream said, quickly getting out of the car and running into a nearby building.

The rest slowly got out of the car and observed where they are. In front of them was an outdoor garden entrance where there's a path that leads to some sort of reception. Looking pass through, you can see several domes that was fairly expanded to size.