Chapter 14 : Amusement Park Panic

Trigger Warnings : Mentions of Death, Mentions of Self Harm, Blood and "Suicide"

Not a lot of angst this time around, but still plentiful to hopefully keep you all satisfied :)

Sorry if the writing is a bit sloppy, I'm very tired if you can't tell...

Also thank you so much for 6K! Only 1 week had passed and somehow this book managed to gain another 1K! Thank Youuuu!

05 : 41 AM

Dawn was drawing near, faint needles of sunlight poked through the curtains and windows of the house. Everyone was still locked away in slumber, some snoring and some drooling. Although one particular individual had already woken up, or should he say stayed up all night.

Dream stirred awake, fluttering his eyes groggily. He seemed a bit confused as to where he was whilst his eyes were adjusting to the warm light that was seeping into the room. Today he felt quite odd, he was significantly warm yet cold at the same time. He felt exhausted, breathing was such a task for him. All of his limbs and joint was very numb, and he was sweating buckets despite the climate being not that scorching hot.

"What is wrong with my body?" he wondered, as he tried to get up from the couch that he had fall asleep on. Although when he tried to lift his body up, it was almost as if all of his strength was taken away. He couldn't even lift himself up from the couch, or maybe that was because of the tight grip Bad and Niki had on him at the moment.

He was fairly surprised since he forgot that they slept on him yesterday night. Both of them were sleeping soundly, their peaceful faces made Dream smile irresistibly. He was glad to see them sleeping well.

Carefully, he slithers out of their tight grasp, lifting up their hands and heads to make way for himself. After doing so, he decided to make breakfast for them again, since they already made it twice and he only made for them once. It wasn't fair if he let the guests keep making food for the whole house when it should be him who needs to be doing the catering.

Stumbling into his kitchen, he was met with the frosty sensation of the refrigerator hitting his face at once and it doesn't help that the chilliness seemed to have transferred and prisoned itself in his body.

A sharp shaky exhale escaped Dream's mouth as he was trying to cope with the sudden coldness that took over his whole body. His legs wobbled like jelly trying to fall from a plate, he was so weak.

Why was he so weak?

Dream heaved out a sigh, pulling out the stuff required for today's first meal. He pulled out an egg from his carton and cracked it against a bowl but oddly enough the shell didn't budge. It was still in perfect shape almost as if he hadn't done anything with it.

"What?" Dream mused, as he tried again to crack the egg and once again the egg didn't break open. The egg then rolled out from his hand, finally cracking on the floor instead of the bowl.

He wasn't disappointed with himself, he was rather surprised. Shocked at how frail his strength was, he couldn't even hold a fucking egg in his hand without it falling. He stared at his shaking hands with widened concerned eyes, what was happening to him?

As he knelt down with a cleaning cloth to clean up the mess that he had made, he can hear through the soft and thin walls light yawning and stretching alongside some shuffling noises from the living room.

Bad and Niki had woken up, moreover he had woke them up because of the egg that had fallen from his grasp. He managed to make the things that he didn't want to happen, happen by himself.

Behind The Screen | dreamwastakenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara