Chapter 17 : Shattered Pieces forms into One

Trigger Warnings : Mentions of Suicide, Blood and Mentions of Self-Harm, Physical Abuse , Blood , Mentions of Violence and Character Death

Hi, Symphony here just for a little talk! So you might know that I've thought about having Light, which is my editor, write this chapter.

But in the end, I ended up writing the whole thing myself alongside the sore arm and the exhaustion from the vaccine.

So I apologize if the writing is sloppy and filled with grammatical errors since I am still very tired.

Thank you so so much for 10K and 11K!!! What a crazy journey this has been...

Nighttime had quickly turned into daytime, before Dream can even tuck himself in bed and fall asleep. He was being kept up, wide awake by the shocking events of yesterday; the lost of MCC and his sudden resignation of being a content creator.

The matter didn't even hit him until he was lying in the bed after the whole commotion reflecting on what he had just said to his fans and haters, that he was standing in a position of no return. He had made his final decision of quitting and there's nothing else he can do to reverse the process back. After all, his haters would definitely call him as a liar if he comes back the next day and act all innocent like nothing had ever happened.

However, he didn't need to worry about those kinds of comments any further, it will all just be a painful part of the past and soon... it will no longer exist in Dream's life. He will just have to patiently wait for his life story to unfold and end its long journey.

The next morning, Dream didn't wake up from the soft golden sunshine, poking at him slightly through his blinds. Instead, he was woken up or should he say disturbed by the roaring sound of thunder and rain. Dream rubbed his eyes groggily and tiredly, as he gets up and dreamily stumbles to his window.

The world looked grey, almost as if all of its colors were extracted out. The image shone nothing more but gloominess, just like his mental state and his whole life. The blue cerulean sky was completely covered by numerous layers of storm clouds, creating a barrier between the world and the sunny cheerful weather above.

Dream sighed depressively as he made a mental comparison of himself and the world outside; once so cheerful and bright before all of it darkens, and it becomes rainy and miserable. It seemed that the world was practically mimicking his emotions, probably teasing about it too since that is what a cruel planet would do to a human on the verge of breaking.

The blonde glanced at the alarm clock on his nightstand with half opened sleepy eyes, it was 7 in the morning. Time didn't matter to Dream, definitely not when he got less than half an hour of sleep, restraining his body from healing all of the wounds and  what seemed like thousands of diseases, he was carrying with him.

Dream let out a long yawn before deciding to head downstairs and brew himself some more coffee again. Downstairs, he was surprised to see no one present or active; he was at least expecting Bad to be up and about before he would, but apparently he wasn't.

All forlorn in silence, he walks over to the coffee machine to make the device start up its only function. Quickly, the kitchen was once again met with the fragrance of coffee; the smell travelling to all parts of the house downstairs.

Dream just noticed that for the last few days, he didn't even gag upon on the smell of coffee and usually he doesn't even drink coffee in the morning, but here he was, drinking away his supposedly least favorite beverage with no urge of vomiting whatsoever.