Chapter 16 : One Last Stream

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of Self-Harm, Panic Attack, Mentions of Suicide

This chapter will be significantly shorter than the last one but that's normal because the last one was 20000+ words LOL (checking again.. just ignore this little bit LOL)

Also this chapter is focused more on the action rather than the angst, actually these last few chapters are... so I'm sorry if you find any of this really boring. T^T

Also I've never thought I would see the day where I would have to literally do Mathematics just for a chapter but here we are...

By the time Dream had arrived back home on foot, the sun had already lifted itself up from the horizons, shining brightly upon Florida. The blonde Floridian was expectedly exhausted, he had basically walked across the state in a single night.

Traces of sweat lathered his face, the liquid soaking into his lime green hoodie completely drenching the clothing with multiple patches of darkened sweat pools. His fever didn't get any better as expected as he had walked through a rainstorm throughout the night.

His breathing was caught in between several moments of sharp wheezing and panting. His throat was as dry as sandpaper, and his exhaustion was gradually overwhelming his body, causing each of his system to shut down one by one.

He even collapsed to the ground multiple times on his way back, but didn't care in the slightest, his only goal now is to get back home, then decide on what to do next after that. Step by step. right foot after left foot, he swore that the more he walked more did home feel so distant.

He has been retracing his steps back for almost 4 hours, and his legs were on the verge of giving up. Tension strained both of his bottom limbs, his feet felt like they were on fire and the fact that it was getting hotter didn't help at all.

"Fuck this..." he muttered underneath his long gasps for air, walking home was way too slow and its already 6 AM, according to his phone. He had already worried everyone at home for walking away, he didn't want to make it worse if they knew that he didn't actually return home last night. Furthermore if he showed up looking like he had gone through a global pandemic, he will also have to sneak in to have a shower and clean himself.

'Be sure to act as normal, Dream. Remember try not to wake them up.' Dream thought as his legs built up speed for take off, he was going to run as fast as his legs can possibly carry him back home. No more worrying others... only masking true emotions and pretending from now on. At least that's what he hoped for.. but he always know what happens when he wishes for stuff.

Dream began sprinting, pushing down the excessive exhaustion to the side. He won't let any obstacle get in his way of returning home, not even his health and well-being. He kept on running with only one goal in his mind, his face filled with determination.

Meanwhile Dream's having his own marathon, back at the house everyone was sleeping although not soundly like the other nights especially for Sapnap. He was greatly disturbed by what Dream had said last night on the phone call, those sentences still haunted in his sleep and dreams.

"I'm on a highway bridge, chilling on the railing barrier with both of my feet dangling off the edge." Dream said nonchalantly, almost like he didn't care about how much danger he was putting himself in.

Needless to say, Sapnap was immediately petrified, his breath quivered upon hearing what his childhood friend was saying. Dream was normally afraid of heights, so it was a shocking thing to hear that he was sitting on the edge of a highway bridge.