Chapter 13 : Requiem and Movie Night for Dream

Disclaimer: This chapter might be boring (and possibly the worst chapter in the book?)

Trigger Warnings : Mentions of Self-Harm and Mentions of Suicide

Also this book hit 5K yesterday!!! THANK YOU <3

Everyone had mixed feelings after the whole commotion of self-blaming on the floor. Dream was unsure and skeptical about Bad, Niki and Techno's return. Like he said before, he couldn't find himself to believe that they would change in a snap.

Whilst Techno, Niki and Bad were anxious about their apology, they had said it but Dream hadn't said anything on the behalf of forgiving them. He didn't say anything at all, to be exact. Just tears and silent sobbing, that was all Dream gave them as an answer.

"Do you think he forgives us?" Bad asked, pacing back and forth worriedly. Techno didn't give an answer, as he was trying to calm himself down. Niki also couldn't find her voice to answer, her mind was on something else.

She was wondering whether or not, Dream really believed her about not hating him. After all, she remembered vividly what she had said 3 months ago about the comparison between Jake and Dream.

"I don't know Bad... I don't even know if he even believes us that we're genuinely sorry!" Niki whimpered, her hands clenching her head in a fit of panic.

Bad exhaled depressively, he was starting to think that maybe the damage has been done and it was far too late to save Dream? They did strand him for an entirety of 3 months and during that time Dream could be doing anything and they wouldn't even know!

'No!' Bad mentally yelled, 'It's not too late to save Dream!', he thought that even though they had caused Dream to be in such pain and in such a state; they can also be the hero to save the day.

"Hey.. don't give up on hope! He might actually believes us, we'll just treat him like we always do from now, unlike when Jake came and we ditched him, kay?" Bad spoke up, trying to boost everyone's morale and it seemed that it worked effectively as he witness Techno and Niki's face starting to beam out a smile.

"You're right... we still have a chance at fixing everything that we had done." Techno agreed and Niki nodded, it was now Bad's turn to beam out a smile as he was relieved that the fighting spirit in the Dream Support Team was still burning bright and blazing with confidence and determination.

Meanwhile, Dream's hopes and dreams aren't shining that bright. It was dimly lit as his head was filled with doubts. As much as he wanted to believe them, he couldn't let his guard down... never again.

This could be false hope and his heart and well-being would be shattered if he started hoping in something that was nothing more than impossible. He would rather stay like this than being tricked again and again by his own friends.

Dream leaned onto his kitchen counter, his head was giving him one hell of a torture. The sensation was that of a hammer bashing relentlessly against his skull. He silently winced at the pain, clenching his head tightly as if his life depended on it.

"Oww.... fucking head with their stupid stress.." Dream mumbled, annoyed. He needed a distraction... to lower down his blood pressure and frustration.

He could edit the manhunt he did yesterday, go to Patches and play with her for a while or maybe... he can review the footage from the camera!

"Ahh... I almost forgot about that!" Dream shouted out loud, snapping his finger in realization. He could get the camera in his room and figure out more about Hailey's case!