CHAPTER °16°

Smiling like a devil, Zhi Ruo continued to harass the maid. "This Xiaojie doesn't go out much, tell me what other important matters is happening in the Liu Fu?"

Groaning, the maid supressed the urge to vomit everything she had consumed. "Th- ughh, the masters ha-had severe backpains just yesterday after dinner. Second and the third Xiaojie went out this morning to personally buy the medicine the doctor had prescribed."

"Go on."

"I heard," stuttering she continued. "I heard from the General Liu's butler, that the general's symptoms are much more severe than the rest of the masters. The general might not come to court this day. I also personally heard from the doctor when I accompanied the second concubine, that it was just due to the rapidly colder weather."

Zhi Ruo could not help but snicker to what she heard from the mouth of the maid. She knew that the doctor could barely discern the traces of poison, but did not disclose it fearing for his life.

Zhi Ruo did not take the doctor for a fool, what 'due to the cold weather' bullshit. It was due to the poison that she had put.

Seeing the dark smile hanging on Zhi Ruo's lips, the maid could do nothing but stay silent . After all she also had a problem she had to deal with, like the poison that she had consumed for one.

Snapping out of her reverie, Zhi Ruo stared at the maid who was clutching her stomach in fear. "Scram." Zhi Ruo said.

The maid did not need to be told twice as she stood up and took whatever she brought with her and ran for her life.

An hour had passed, and the air in front on Zhi Ruo wavered with the familiar aura of her butler. Ravel had returned, and on his hands were a box of food.

"I'm back master, did you wait long?" The butler smiled.

"No, I was stabilizing my foundations. I just broke through." Zhi Ruo lightly said. "Food?" She inquired.

"Yes, I brought it from a popular restaurant. I hope master likes it." Ravel opened the container and the smell of the food inside wafted around the entire courtyard.

"I'm not that picky don't worry."  Zhi Ruo directly picked up the chopsticks that Ravel handed and ate the food. "Dont stare around too much, it's messy but this house had sheltered the past me for years." Chewing Zhi Ruo giggled at Ravel's upset face.

"The general is spiteful," shaking his head Ravel stated.

"It's the concubine that's spiteful, the general is neglectful." Zhi Ruo corrected.

He sighed, "What is master planning to do?" Ravel asked what Zhi Ruo's plans were. He was eager to help her get back on the Liu Fu.

"When my mother left the world, she passed her dowry to me, her child. But as I got older, that dowry didn't end up in my hands. But instead ended up on Liu Su Yang's clutches." Zhi Ruo chewed as she spoke.

"On the farthest wing of the Liu Fu, there stood a warehouse." She told Ravel. "That warehouse is guarded by the General's soldiers, it is where the riches of the Liu Fu is gathered. The Treasury of all the rewards that the general had  earned throughout the years of wars he faught." Pointing at a direction with her chopsticks Zhi Ruo informed.

"Now, there is a fifty percent chance that the dowry that I was supposed to have is put there. But I don't know if the Liu Fu had already spent my dowry." Zhi Ruo said unsure.

"Then?" Ravel pressed on.

"Then we will steal- errr barrow all the treasures that's inside that warehouse. Dowry or not, we will loot all of the things thats inside." Laughing, Zhi Ruo handed the container back to Ravel who took it.