CHAPTER °9°

:::

[Even god can't change the past.]

:::

__________________________________________

Such a high-key person had taken an interest to Zhi Ruo's hidden figure. His cunning smile on his face had been apparent on his face for quite a while. While the ladies swoon at his looks, he got closer to Zhi Ruo.

That angelic person was surprised how small the mysterious figure was up close. He was a head taller said person. And was instantly curious as to who Zhi Ruo was.

Zhi Ruo who was looking at the person who was readying the equipments for cutting the stone. Was instantly alerted at the presence who sneaked up behind her. Although it wasn't noticable, but Zhi Ruo's eyes that had the jade eyes activated was observing the person behind her. She took a step back the moment that person decided to stand by her side.

It was her turn to be surprised at the flowing blonde hair. His tall figure reminded Zhi Ruo of an peaceful statue of an angel. She was even more surprised seeing his cool blue eyes probing her face. For the first time that Zhi Ruo had come into this world, she had finally seen a person that had a different color of hair and eyes. She had finally met a foreigner.

But Zhi noticed the gazes the followed the man and knew that he was someone that had influence. So as soon as she noticed that she had made a plan to escape the spotlight of the man. But who knew that before she could escape the man had actually called out to her. Making her stop on her tracks.

"Excuse me, but are you the owner of this stone?" His voice matched his appearance. Equally charming, and smooth. Zhi Ruo raised her brows at his inquiry. But of course that wasn't shown to the charming fellow. The gazes of the ladies instantly flew to Zhi Ruo's figure.

"And if I am?" But Zhi Ruo didn't trust his angelic features and looked piercingly at the fellow under her hood. Zhi Ruo's voice was unidentifiable. And her tone was monotonous as her appearance. Nothing was worthwhile noticing on Zhi Ruo. And so the gazes of the ladies shifted back to admiring the beauty of the person in front of Zhi Ruo.

"I just want to make a bet on the stones." The man had crossed his arms on his chest elegantly, tilted his head and smiled gently. And yet that action actually set an alarm of Zhi Ruo's smile. Contrary on the other ladies in the rooms that was charmed out of their dresses.

"..." Zhi Ruo kept silent. She was actually interested in the bet that the man proposed. This attracted attention from the people around them, seeing that this was a common thing that always happened on the establishment. And yet surprisingly the man also kept silent staring intently on Zhi Ruo.

Finally Zhi Ruo raised up ten hands, and opened it and closed it four time. This piped up the attention of the man. His head was tilted on the other side this time. "400 small Gold papers?" He muttered out to himself. He was surprised when Zhi Ruo actually heard him and nodded. "Ok!" The man instantly agreed. This earned him a smirk from Zhi Ruo.

The man was not worried whether he lost or win, he was just curious as who was the person under that hood. As for Zhi Ruo, she was already certain that she will win. With her jade eyes she had already knew that the stone that she picked was one of the few stronger ones around the whole area. And she knew what kind of a precious item that she would get.

She faced the man with a relaxed stance, and the small action was instantly noticed by the gaze of the angelic man. This tickled his curiosity more. "Say little brother, are you confident?" He asked, but his tone in asking had a little confusion mixed into it. He doesn't know why Zhi Ruo was confident and was so relaxed.