Chapter °26°

If someone heard what Zhi Ruo was muttering about in her heart then they would've vomited blood and cursed Zhi Ruo for her lofty words. They would pound their chest in frustration and in envy if they really found out that Zhi Ruo was actually speaking the truth.

Considering the fact that Zhi Ruo continuously and swiftly broke through the ranks within just a few days. It would have been a socially shattering news to people if they ever found out.

One must know that it wasn't very hard to enter the ranks of cultivation, but, it doesn't mean it's the same in breaking through each ranks. Zhi Ruo was already Gathering; Concentration rank 4 without much effort, and to people her around her age that has started cultivating the moment they learned how to talk. This level of Comprehension was still insanely fast. Especially since she just started from just a few days ago with some tarnished meridians.

Her eyes looked at the deciples going through repetitive cycles in their forms, she could help but let her heart be stirred.

She remembered that she was once like that, but she wasn't as competitive and as bursting with eagerness with her peers when she did so. The only thing that accompanied her was a old man, and the occasional tweets of the birds deep in some random jungle when she cultivated.

Earth was a planet that was already over inhabited by humans, no part was left that wasn't explored. Except the massive amounts of body water that took over the surface of the planet.

So there were always not enough Qi for her to cultivate and she had to rely on natural foliages. Like jungles and virgin islands, and it's not like she can breath underwater so that she could cultivate there. But she always tried to go as near as possible in oceans and lakes.

"Young miss?" Someone called from behind her, it's voice distinctively familiar.

Zhi Ruo turned around to look at Yu Zhúlín's approaching figure, her attention immediately zoomed into his natural dark green hair. Still not used to the fact that there is such a thing.

"Brother Yu." She nodded in greeting, bitterly keeping distance of the out of pocket man.

You really can't blame her for it. She was always around such people back on earth, that she had developed a sixth sense for them. And to make it even worst is that those people were her business partners, and her escaping skills in dealing with those people had even earned a comment or two from her secretary.

"It seems like brother Yu is working hard." She commented looking over his shoulders to the people that were stealing glances at them. Yu Zhúlín, of course, noticed but did not comment on it.

"Aa yes, I'm one of the participants that is attending on the annual youth competition with the well known clans." Yu Zhúlín smiled and said, though he kept his distance on her this time and kept with his civility. Obviously having his lesson learnt.

"Competition?" Zhi Ruo voiced aloud.

"Yes, our clan will be choosing the top 20 something participants to fight for the resources that the Empire will be giving out." Yu Zhúlín stretched his hands and tied his hair with utmost ease. "The tournament will only accept participants under 50 years old, so it's something of like a youth competition than ever."

"Why is it under 50? If it's a youth competition?" Zhi Ruo asked, watching Yu Zhúlín avoid her gaze. "Shouldn't it be under 20?"

"Young miss must be joking," Yu Zhúlín laughed wryly. "It's not that easy to cultivate with just under a mortal's lifetime. Unless if you are some genius of some sect or something." He laughed. "Under 50 years old is already considered young given the fact that our lifetime grows everytime we breakthrough."