Chapter °19°

Zhi Ruo did not take it into consideration that grandfather Ye truly did everything instantaneously. She had watch with rapt amazement, as his servants went to settle the arrangement with the general.

Her grandfather did not even show his face to the general as he only sent someone to inform this dastardly father of hers that he was taking her away from the rundown courtyard that his granddaughter had affectionately called her home.

The general did nothing as he moaned in pain, not that he could not anything else, and he did not even have the chance to agree, as patriarch Ye had already told Zhi Ruo to pack her things and get ready to travel.

Of course Zhi Ruo had called Ravel to pack all the things inside her room except for the old clothes which she would carry with an old bundle. Within a minute everything was cleaned inside her room and Ravel dutifully handed the bundle into Zhi Ruo's arms.

"Is it necessary for master to uselessly carry such a worn out bundle?" Ravel could not help but ask as he did a once over to the masked girl in front of him. "It doesn't suit master at all." He concluded.

"Silly Ravel," Zhi Ruo could not help but comment. "If I come out empty handed it would arouse some bells, though my grandfather may not act upon it. Does not mean I should be any less careful." She explained.

"Then, I understand." Ravel gently smiled, brushing his exotic hair back with a wave of his hand. Knowing where his master was coming from, but he was quite sad to see his master go through such troubles.

"Don't be so worried, you act as if I fall if a stray wind will blow upon me." Zhi Ruo said, a hint of smile on her tone. "I'm also a cultivator you know." She added matter-factly.

"Of course, I will be going then." Ravel sighed but nodded, without waiting for Zhi Ruo he disappeared from her sight swiftly.

She sighed, and unexpectedly the bundle in her arms was heavy. Not so much, but she can tell that Ravel knew what she should leave and bring. She has no doubts that Ravel already took her clothes and brought it all to the mansion. Truly she was grateful that she has someone to aid her.

"Granddaughter? Are you ready?" The voice of the Ye patriarch was heard from outside the rice door.

"I'm done grandfather!" She answered cheerily. Her mask neatly in place, both figuratively and literally.

She gingerly opened the door with the bundle in her arms. She greeted her grandfather with an eye crinkle in place of her smile. Patriarch Ye fondly patted Zhi Ruo's head as he took the bundle from Zhi Ruo's arms and deposited it to the open arms of the servant behind him.

"You did not have to take it, I could've carried it myself." Zhi Ruo said in a small voice, her act still in place.

"No need to worry," Patriarch Ye waved his hand dismissively sensing the pout on Zhi Ruo's voice. His heart melted at Zhi Ruo shy appearance.

"Please don't treat me like a child grandfather, I'm strong you know." Zhi Ruo slipped out knowingly.

Patriarch Ye didn't seem to notice the implications on Zhi Ruo's tone and wordings, as he only dotingly nodded. "Of course, of course, let them serve you dear, it is their job after all." He smilingly said.

Deciding not to go on further, Zhi Ruo merely nodded. "Alright, if Grandfather says so."

Patriarch Ye waved his hand, the servants behind him followed as Zhi Ruo and him went out of the Liu Fu. All the way there, no one dared to block their path. It was as if Patriarch Ye owned the Fu as all of the servants they encountered bowed their heads and didn't dare breath loudly.