Chapter °20°

The tea leaf floated lazily on the boiling hot water on Zhi Ruo's hand. Oddly enough, despite the hot liquid on her cup, the heat did not touch her palm. Instead, the cup felt heavy and cool to touch. Her eyes hidden by the veil over her face roamed the room that she was currently sitting at. The voices of her grandfather was outside the sliding door near her.

She could faintly hear him talking to someone.

It has been quite some time that they have arrived at the valley, the people serving under her grandfather— and now her. Took her belongings and went to put them somewhere. Inbetween admiring and speculating the weird architecture, and design of the Valley. She was pushed by her grandfather in this well furnished room.

She was then given a cup of tea she had not taken a sip with, and snacks which she did not even took a bite at. As her grandfather had uttered that he needed to make sure her stay would be welcomed.

Zhi Ruo felt her heart warm at the thoughtfulness that her grandfather had showed her, but the lack of phones in this world was concerning her. She has not been given books to read from, and no games to play on. She has been stuck on this room for five minutes without her Grandfather. Which was far to long in her liking.

But Zhi Ruo bit her lip and placed her hand gently around her cup, she needs to act daintly around these parts; her mind had supplied her.

Lest only gods know what would happen if she acted like a hooligan. It was something that Zhi Ruo wasn't used to, but nothing she could not handle. She was just an impatient woman that's all, after all— time is gold and hers is diamonds.

So she sat attentive to her surroundings, idly noting how the room was situated on a cliff, and how she can feel the breeze rattling the wooden frame. She looked at how the ornaments in the room felt a little off, until she could confidently say that those were exposed to the Qi too much that it absorbed it. She noted every crack of light that seeped through the sliding paper door. And how those created a serenity that only those who are attentive could notice.

A few minutes passed by and the tea had turned cold, and the cookies on the table laid forgotten.

It was then the door outside opened, and her grandfather stepped in. Behind him were two people, a male and a female. Zhi Ruo was instantly curious, her eyes that was lazily examining the room snapped in attention.

The man clearly have the upbringing of someone who has a high status, from the way his eyes leveled at Zhi Ruo's figure to how he stood evenly with his back rod straight. Even the way his eyes glinted in intelligence was a big tattle tale that she was being pried upon.

The man had his long hair, in a loose braid. His eyes was piercing as he was studying Zhi Ruo. The way his whole being came together as a domineering cultivator, alleviated that, he too, in fact, is handsome. In a way that you can tell he is the type of 'handsome' that people would deem as cool and refreshing.

The woman, whose hair was up in a pony tail also struck to Zhi Ruo as someone who was pretty. Having the similar aura of the man beside her, impenetrable, charming, elegant— it's the eyes she tells you.

The woman was also looking at her, Zhi Ruo wasn't an idiot not to realize the fact that they were judging her. And from the way how the woman raised her nose a little higher, and how the man had turned his gaze away. It was apparent that she did not fit the criteria of whatever they had on her.

Well, forgive her for transmigrating on a body that had just died. She's sorry for coming back up from the mouth of death.

Patriarch Ye chuckled at the terse silence around the room. "Zhi Ruo, this is your senior sister and brother. They will be showing you around the Sighted Valley." Patriarch Ye introduced. "This is Ye Qing Qing your senior sister," Zhi Ruo's grandfather motioned, and the woman stepped up and bowed.