Chapter 6

Roger's POV

"Brian, darling, for fuck's sake, please stop correcting every mistake," Freddie said turning to a very pissed Brian. We were playing for two and a half hours by now and Brian was claiming non-stop that something on the beat seemed to not fit in. Of course, we were all used to Brian's corrections since we first started the band. "I am very tired of that and you don't want me tired." He continued as he sat cross-legged at a chair. Brian sat down at another chair, carefully placing his precious red special at a stand. Deaky sat at the couch with his funny expression. We exchanged glances and we had to hold ourselves to not crack up laughing at the whole situation.

"I am just saying guys, the beat doesn't stand right." Brian carried on with his corrections. Brian was a perfectionist, you could clearly see that. We were currently at his place which was clean as fuck. I had grown used to it through the years but it still seemed so odd how a guy could keep his house so clean.

"Brian, my dear, nothing stands right after nearly three hours of practice. We should take a break before you and Roger start playing fight in here. And someone give this man some cheese." Freddie said pointing at Deaky. I started laughing at his remark as Deaky chuckled and Brian seemed to relax. So no more rehearsing for today, which I was grateful for because I was this close to throwing my drumsticks at Brian. We were usually rehearsing at Brian's place because he had both piano and a drum kit. It was a good place, big and with great acoustic. 

"Alright then. End of practice. I am going to bring something to drink and we can order some food." Brian relaxed, stood up, and moved towards the kitchen to grab the drinks. Deaky stood up too. We all looked at him not seeing a reason why he was going with Brian.

"What? All of you are unable to make the perfect cheese toast. Brian has an astrophysics PhD and cannot put a slice of cheese right between two slices of bread. Jesus Crist, a man can't eat his sandwich in here." He said as he turned and went into the kitchen. The three of us cracked up laughing. Deaky is honestly the best person. An angel he is. Brian shook his head and followed Deaky. 

Freddie stretched his neck to see if they had gotten into the kitchen and then turned to me with The Freddie Smirk on his face. I arched my eyebrows waiting for him to tell me what he had to. He looked at me with the same expression. 

"Fred, we are not playing the 'Staring Contest of Freddie the Winner' are we?" I asked. Some days ago he would look intensely at us and then he would yell 'I won, I won' even though we didn't even know we played. In the middle of the song, he would yell 'I won, I won'. 

"No, no. I mean of course, I would win, but I was just going to ask... What is going on between you and Amy?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows. I hadn't had seen Amy for five days or so. I mean, I had, but not like talking to her much or anything. Just two words before she left or something like that. And I miss her like a crazy man. I miss her laugh, her smile, her witty comments. I miss her. And though there is nothing between us I would do anything to be. NO. When did I become that cheeky git? I know... The moment we cracked up laughing at the backstage, and then when I carried her home, and tucked her in and- A smile had formed on my lips at the reminiscing of that perfect night, and Freddie, of course, noticed. "OOO MY STARS! ROGER TAYLOR!" He said dramatically.

"What?! Nothing is happening between us. I mean... She... She is so... I can't even describe her. She is amazing." I said not even realizing the words that came out of my mouth. But it was the truth. Though it shouldn't be for numerous reasons, it is. Freddie was looking at me with wide eyes. "Don't stare at me like that. You freak me out. Besides, nothing happened and probably won't." 

"What?!!! Why?!" Freddie demanded the smile falling from his lips. 

"Why? Really, Freddie? I have many, many reasons why she won't want to and why I shouldn't want to." I answered. The only thing I was thinking of the past few days was her. From every possible aspect. Her actually being friends with me, her hanging out with me, her laughing with me, her singing with me, her cuddling with me, her under me- No. This has to stop this instant.