West Coast

Amy absolutely loved going out. Especially if it meant that she would have to spend time getting ready and stuff. It felt good you know. Taking care of yourself, getting prettier by the second as you put an actual effort into your appearance. It felt great to her. 

"So you don't know where he's taking you?" Erin asked, her grin obvious only by the sound of her voice as she awaited for an answer. Erin and Amy would always get ready together. Always. But today Erin was not there due to having the flu. She insisted she went to Amy's to help her get ready but John had other ideas. John would absolutely not let her go out while being sick. 

"No, that's what I'm saying! One thing he clearly remarked though. Dress formally. Where do you think it'll be?" Amy asked, watching a baby blue dress on her mirror, her room a mess as she tried to find something fitting the occasion. Gods! Why was she nervous? She's been on a date with Christopher before! She shouldn't be this nervous. But back then she didn't fancy him. She was just going to scratch of an obligation or something. But now... Now she feels like a teenage girl you had just gotten asked out by her crush. 

"Oh! Imagine if he takes you to The Ritz!" Erin yelped from the other side of the phone, her mouth apparently filled with food. Oh gods, The Ritz would be bloody amazing. But no way. 

"Oh, don't be ridiculous, there's no way." Amy shrugged it off, a small smile playing on her lips as she stared at the baby blue dress, the way it clinged on her hips, highlighting her figure. The way it made her eyes tand out, perfectly matching with her hair. It really did make her eyes look magnificent. The color of the dress though reminded of another pair of eyes. Baby blue, intense gaze. Oh those eyes, it was as though they were watching her every step. She could still see them, in the back of her mind, the moment her and Roger had this terrible argument. The way they had turned cold, uninviting. Gods, Roger... 

"Do you reckon you'll have sex?" Erin asked, grinning maniacally at her question. Truth is, some weeks ago she would have persistantly stuck with Roger for her best friend. But since everything that had happened, since she learned the things he told her, since she saw how heartbroken Amy was, she had completely made a U-turn on her opinion for him. And then Christopher came and saved the day, treating her best friend like she deserved, making her happy.

"Oh, no. I mean I wouldn't say no if it went there, to be honest... But I prefer taking things slow with Christopher, you know. I think... I think..." Amy said, leaving her sentence unfinished as her thoughts roamed inside her head. Now, on her mind, his amber eyes were looking at her, giving one of his disarming smiles, his gentle voice echoing through her brain. All the nights they were at his place, working on their project till they couldn't anymore, playing aggressive matches of Monopoly where Christopher would pretend he hadn't caught Amy cheating. God... He was not competitive against her, he wasn't purposefully trying to get her mad. He was everything. He was an amazing person who made Amy want to spend all the more time with him. Is it possible, she thought, to want to be near someone that much, to miss their energy every given moment?  She was sure that it was not an everyday thing. She felt that way because it was Christopher. And Christopher was not an 'everyday thing'. Christopher was the type of thing you find once. And you feel so lucky, you keep it in a box, stealing glances at it, admiring how beautiful it looks, never letting anything harmful near it. He was like the penny you found when you were young at a sideroad you know? You felt so lucky to have found it, it was as though it was your best thing. 

"What is it?" Erin asked, curious at her friend's sudden silence. Amy didn't answer, not sure if she wanted to say her thoughts out loud. "Tell me you bitch."

"It's just... You know... He's special. And... I want... I want things to work out with him you know. He is like... He is unique. Things need to be right with him. I want them to be right." Amy admitted, and she was surprised she could do it. You see this was the difference with Christopher. It wasn't hard for her to admit that she felt things for him. He wasn't making it hard. And Amy felt right about it. It felt right, saying those things to him. It was good. He was good. No, scratch that. He was wonderful.