The Cuts that Always Bleed

General POV;

"Look, Roger, don't be so stubborn you know you can't get anywhere with that." Brian argued with Roger, who was persistently standing before him as he cooked something in the kitchen. 

"I don't want to get somewhere with that I just want h-" Roger started arguing back but Brian was fast enough to turn around a cock a warning eyebrow at him, not quite making him shut up though, that would be impossible with Roger of course, as his blonde best friend continued with his rambling. Oh Roger would always ramble about something, always talking that one was, and Brian knew that in no way he would stay silent if he didn't have the last word.

"Just don't go about making a fuss, okay? I will not get you out of the police department when you'll both end up fist fighting." Brian sighed in the end, done with his friend's antics. Truth is that if Brian wasn't- Well, if Brian wasn't Brian, Roger would have probably been locked up somewhere and they both knew it very damn well. 

"Yea you always say that but you still end up not keeping your promises." Roger rolled his eyes at his curly-haired best friend who just shot him a disapproving glance, not quite agreeing with Roger. Everyone knows they are polar opposites. But after all, this is what makes them so perfectly fitted with each other.

"Take the salad to the table." Brian simply replied as he, himself, placed some plates with food on the table. Roger mimicked his voice quite mockingly, ending up following his orders of course. 

It was a bit past noon and they were getting ready for lunch, as they had been occupied with recording all morning, one of the little times they were able to record in the morning. Roger and Brian sat down at the wooden table at their usual seats and Roger was still very busy frowning down at his plate, thinking about his and Brian's conversation. At this moment, and as the time passed by, Brian was just about to ask where his sister was, but he got his answer by a loud thump coming from the living room, prolonging Amy's arrival. 

"Look who decided to join us." He commented as Amy got into the room looking rather odd, as Roger noticed. Thing is that Roger still noticed things about her and he did care for her, even though it was clear now that she wanted nothing to do with him.

"Look who decided to be a bitch." Amy spat back, her jaw clenching and unclenching as Brian arched his eyebrows at an 'Excuse me' way, waiting for the dark-haired girl to apologize to him as she sat down unbothered at the table, the big frown never leaving her features. The moment she had stepped into the kitchen she had immediately felt Roger's eyes boring holes on her skin and even though she tried to ignore it, it was still there, as Roger was examining her with his eyes, a very concerned look plastered upon his features.

"Mind telling us what took you so long?" Brian asked, making her madder than she already was with his stupid questions. 

"Yes." Amy shrugged as Roger shifted uneasily at his seat, clearly seeing that Amy was really mad at something. And he tried really hard to define what this 'something' was without getting anywhere though.

"Okay." Brian said calmly, always able to keep his cool, as he turned his attention to the food before him. "Let's just eat."

"Nice idea." Roger commented, not quite knowing how to ease things up, but he shortly came to the conclusion that this certainly wasn't as the murderous look he received from Amy was beyond enough. Brian and Roger turned to their plates eating in silence as Amy took a cigarette from the pocket of her coat, which she hadn't bother taking off, lighting it up before taking in a deep drag that had her somewhat relaxed. At the smell of cigarette Brian's head immediately shot up as Roger looked at her too, perplexed.

"Amelia! No smoking in the house! AND IN GENERAL!" Brian scolded her as he tried to snatch the cigar from her hands, only for her to pull her hand away quickly. Roger was rather concerned with the whole situation because even though Brian didn't seem to have noticed he did notice that something was really off with Amy. She would usually walk into the room all excited and would talk about what they had done with Brian and now she was the complete opposite. Even her clothes didn't stand right to him. It seemed like she was wearing a man's button-up shirt and not the sweater she was wearing when she left in the morning. And he knew that because the buttons were on the right side and not on the left, where the button's in woman's button-up shirts were.