Whispering tune

Chapter 6: Whispering tune

A decade had passed, and Percy watched his children grow as anger, corruption and pestilence began to consume the people on earth, and throughout the universe, he watched war after war. 

"Dad!" Percy turned to his children. Mira, Alex, and Teo stood behind him each holding a sword, while covered in sweat showing that the sparing lessons had been worthy enough.

"It's time my children. I've given you everything you need to succeed." Mira and Alex glanced at each other knowing what they had to do and what was going to happen. Teo had been left out of such a harsh truth.

"What's going to happen?" Teo asked, with confusion in his eyes as he looked at his father.Percy smiled and placed a hand on Teo's shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze.

"You're going to fight for the people, my children. You are going to become symbols of peace and hope, and for that, I must bless you." Teo turned to look at his siblings, not understanding what Percy had meant by those words.

"Come here my children and stand strong, for you are now protectors of Earth. Part immortality is now granted to you Mira, Alex, and Teo. Along with this, you now have the power to change your appearance and control the four elements.

"Thank you father," Percy watched as they watch smiled at him, causing his chest to swell with pride at these amazing children that managed to be stronger than the average demigod, and now, they were more than a demigod born from the big three.

"Now go, make your legacy true, anything you want, anything you can do, save those in need as I saved you,"

***

Two decades passed and the presence of Percy disappeared, His children fought in many wars, succeding to grow their fame.

Rumors claimed each was a child of one of the big three major gods, causing them many more enemies and sooner deaths, however many close followers knew they worshiped a deity unknown to them, hence they were buried in a cave, guarded by villagers themselves, by the second day, the bodies mysteriously vanished from the face of the earth.

Leaving only a legend of an entity powerful enough to destroy the gods themselves.

_____

Percy sighed as he stood at their graves. He knew this would have to come to pass, and their legacies would make the future. 

Turning to Teo's grave, Percy dropped to the ground, as he bowed his head.

"Forgive me, my children, I sacrificed you as justice to this awful and corrupt world." The wind blew peacefully causing Percy to relax as he heard it. A smile crept onto his lips and he glanced behind him. The breeze was playing a familiar tune. Finally, after a long time, the goddess of the moon dared play the flute. 

In a flash, Percy found himself standing in front of a forest, thick trees blocked his line of view, but he could still hear the melody, so he walked a bit further and found the hunters and the goddess huddled together with looks of comfort in their usual fury gazes. Artemis herself had her eyes closed as she played the flute, trying her best to remember the sweet melody she had heard. Unaware of the person standing in the shadows, watching with an amused smile.

"M'lady, it's such a beautiful melody, where did you learn it?" A young hunter asked. Artemis opened her mouth to reply, but the sound of clapping cut her off.

"I'm impressed, you did remember the tune, indeed it was played marvelously," Percy walked out, in his child form with a charming smile on his lips. Artemis gasped and stood up, much to her hunter's surprise, they watched as their lady rushed over to the young-looking fellow and watched.

Their mistress changed ages right before their eyes, instead of her usual twelve-year-old form she took for them, she stood at the age of an eight-year-old, the same age, the young boy appeared to be.

"By the gods, you are immortal!" Artemis's excitement confused the hunters as they looked at one another, but her excitement was short-lived when Percy stiffened and quickly tackled her to the ground. Right, where she once stood was an arrow impaled into the ground.

Glancing around Percy caught sight of a young hunter aiming at the bow at him, he stood up and studied the young girl, her hands were shaking, and her lips quivering, making it appear as if she was ready to cry.

"No more son's of Poseidon," Percy's scrunched his nose in displeasure at the mistake, but then he glanced at Artemis and remembered the similarities of his eyes to that of the sea god.

"That shrimp dung isn't my father," Turning to Artemis, Percy extended his hand out to help her stand. Artemis gratefully accepted and smiled as she turned to her hunters.

"Please, put your bows down girls, this is Percy. He's my friend," Each hunter turned to look at one another, and hesitantly but their bows down.Percy gave them an awkward smile and then dropped it, looking serious as he turned to face Artemis.

"What's wrong, why play the flute after all this time?" The question caused Artemis's breath to hitch as she glanced away, and her hunters cast their gazes down, except for one, Zoe.

"M'lady's father is forcing that lady to marry Ares, the brute doesn't deserve our mistress." Artemis looked away and watched the branches on the trees swing around freely, Zoe shouldn't have said anything, Percy wouldn't be able to do anything, who'd go against Zeus' orders.

"Don't worry, Ares won't touch your mistress," Percy turned to look at Artemis and gave her a genuine smile before turning back to the shadows.

"You'll have your freedom once more, you played the flute, I am here to aid you with whatever you desire." Artemis blushed watched him disappear in a mesmerizing swirl of galaxies. Even, her hunters awed at the magnificent display before them.

Artemis smiled as she was left standing in the clearing with her hunters, wondering what he'd do to get her freedom from marriage.