A rush of emotions

The room was abuzz with excitement as everyone admired the new thrones. For a moment, even the demigods were struck silent as they watched Iam make his way over to Luke.

"Hey there, buddy! Sit wherever you want," Iam said playfully. Luke looked hesitant, his eyes fixed on the imposing thrones. The thought of sitting on one filled him with a sense of responsibility - and power.

"I'm not so sure. What if I can't handle it?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper. Iam let out a hearty laugh and gave Luke a reassuring pat on the back.

"Don't worry, my friend. I trust you," he said, his smile never faltering. With a gentle nudge, he urged Luke to take his place.

"Don't forget the past, and the lessons it taught us. We can use that knowledge to build a better future," Iam added sagely. The crowd started murmuring excitedly until it erupted into cheers.

 "Luke! Luke! Luke!" they chanted, welcoming their new leader with open arms.

"If you keep hesitating, I'm going to take offense," Iam's voice broke through the cheers, at that moment Luke understood that Iam didn't make this decision without consideration.

 "Okay," He let his voice carry him through the path that now formed within the demigods. "It's time for a new era. You've got this, Luke," his encouragement eased the feeling in his chest as he moved closer and closer to the imposing seats. 

"Sit," the cheers grew louder as Luke's eyes met Chaos and Order. Their smiles seemed to make the room glow more brightly and warmly. Luke felt grateful for Chaos and Order, who had taken him in after his original death. They had given him a new reason to live and had taught him to embrace life fully. He had learned to feel pain and heartache, but he had also learned to love and appreciate the good things in life. In that moment, surrounded by the support and love of Chaos and Order, Luke felt a sense of peace and contentment that he had never experienced before. He knew that he had found a home with them and that no matter what challenges lay ahead, he would always have their love and support to carry him through. 

His gaze then moved over to Iam, who had a triumphant smile plastered on his face. For a brief second, it resembled a goofy smile he was used to. Luke's voice trembled with awe as he whispered the name "Percy," his mind racing as he tried to grasp the feeling of familiarity washing over him.

"Go on, and sit," As the voice rang out in the room, Luke felt a sense of comfort wash over him. He recognized the tone as friendly and welcoming, and a smile spread across his face. Without hesitation, he turned and made his way to the thrones placed before him. Looking at the options available, he chose the one on the left, closest to the center of the room. As he took his seat, he glanced over to his right and noticed that 11 other thrones were waiting to be filled.

For a moment, everyone glanced around wondering if that was it, but just as everyone started murmuring in wonder, Luke's seat glowed brightly before settling in a sky blue color, from his seat also emerged a beautiful golden griffin that wrapped its body around the throne. "Oh my, would you look at that," Iam exclaimed, but his tone betrayed his true emotions.

Stunded, the crowd turned all its attention to the powerful entity. "What is that?" Order exclaimed in excitement, pushing against his father, and staring in awe at the large creature. "Honestly I thought it would be cool to place guardians over the thrones. So they can choose who is worthy, if you're not worthy, well they eat you."

 "What?" Luke shouted, fear crossing his face as he threw his hands over his chest. "Did I risk my life without knowing if I was worthy?" Iam shook his head. "Sorry to startle you, Luke," Iam chuckled, seeing the fear on his face as he held his chest. 

"There was no need to worry as I had asked you to sit down because I knew it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't risk your life needlessly. With that said, Iam turned to face the demigods. 

His expression turned stoic as if all other emotions left him, becoming more serious. "Allow me to explain more clearly. Not just anyone can claim these empty thrones. The thrones are searching for heroes." As he scanned the vast gathering, the hush in the air provided him with a chance to express himself freely. With a genuine conviction in his voice, he proclaimed that heroes are not just born within demigods, but can be anyone with an unwavering passion to assist others in need. In his speech, he made it clear that the guardians of the throne would only choose heroes who were willing to follow their guidance. Anyone who sits on the throne without their permission risks facing the wrath of the guardians, who will have free rein to do as they please with those they deem unworthy.

With those words being said, everyone watched in amazement, a bright light shone from two thrones, gradually taking shape until they could see two mythical creatures sitting upon them. One of the thrones held a beautiful fiery phoenix, whose wings spread an impressive ten feet and whose feathers shone like gold in the sunlight. 

The other throne held a majestic golden jackal with black markings, whose stunning appearance captivated everyone present. Its piercing gaze seemed to see straight into the soul of those who looked upon it. Everyone felt as though they had stepped out of old legends and into the real world, and they were filled with awe and wonder at the beauty of these two creatures.