Agreements

"Father," Chaos and Order spoke in sync as they watched Iam appear before them. He smiled at his children before walking over to them calmly.

"You both suspected my presence, did you not?" Chaos looked at her husband before turning to look at Iam.

"We did," Order said while moving to stand protectively in front of Chaos. Iam smiled, shaking his head.

"No need to be so on guard with me. I am your father," Chaos placed her small hand on Order's shoulder as she moved around him to look at Iam.

"Well, father. Why have you decided to appear now, after all this time?"Iam smiled, aware of the answer he would give to his children.

"I don't know," Iam walked over to a chair and sat down, raising his elbow onto the armrest and folding his legs as he leaned his body towards the armrest. Slowly, he lifted his gaze.

Chaos and Order could only take in a sharp breath as they looked at this man, he sat lazily, but he radiated power that knocked the breath from their lungs. His eyes met theirs, and they wanted to crumple and bow to him.

"From the moment I created you both. I knew I could trust you both," Iam paused as he moved his eyes from them both and cast them to his hand.

"However, I did not expect you both to let your children go about destroying everything I created. All they do is fight and spawn more children, and they've lost count!" Chaos grew agitated at this and glared slightly. "What about you? You haven't been a good parent either!" Iam's gaze went soft as a smile made its way onto his lips.

"I have, I've watched over the way you both rule, but I've never felt the need to step in." Iam closed his eyes, "I designed you both to balance each other, though there was no need for me to step in,"

"Light to balance dark, and good to balance the bad. The same holds for you both," Iam said as he shook his head away from his children.

"Now I want to know. Will you fight me to maintain you're statues?"Chaos gazed at Order. They both had no desire to engage in a power struggle with their father. It was a losing battle, and they knew it.

"Not to maintain our status," Chaos answered, while her husband lowered his head and stared at the ground.

"It's a losing battle," Order voiced his thoughts out loud, only to earn a laugh in return.

"True. You're right, but you still challenged me back in Olympus, and I took that challenge."

"We'll go through with our words, but the Olympians already make our side less," Iam smiled and shook his hand carelessly.

"Nonsense, feel free to find other allies. It does not bother me at all," 

______________________________

"I'm back," A voice called out. Artemis's face flushed as she and her hunters all turned towards the direction of the sound.

The silhouette of a man appeared, and his eyes beamed through the darkness of the night.

"My lady, is that?" One of the young hunters asked as the others pushed slightly to see the man better.

Artemis breathed out and turned to face her hunters with a nervous smile.

"It is, my dear hunters. He is the creator," Iam walked out into the light. A ring of gasp filled the air as hunters all stood stiff and ready to act on impulse as a few hunters readied their arrows.

"I can sense that they do not welcome me, my dear," Iam spoke as he clasped his hands behind him. He stood still and didn't move.

"I do not blame them."