Memories of the past

"Father!" I opened my eyes to see the young girl, Mira standing in front of me with a wide smile. Her brown eyes sparkled with innocence as she showed me a woven basket full of freshly picked herbs. I glanced down at them and gave a hearty laugh.

"That's great. Mira, you are learning fast!" The girl in front of me looked so familiar, yet I couldn't recall where I knew her.  I tried turning to the right side, only to realize I couldn't move. It was an odd sensation as I watched from this man's view, as he interacted with these kids throughout the day.

Once they began to prepare for bed, the three children and the man huddled beside a campfire and sat in silence, until Teo the youngest, spoke up.

"Father, will you tell us a story?" The man smiled and nodded, turning to the fire, causing it to form into shapes before everyone's eyes.

"Long, long ago." He began. 

"Nothing existed except a single being, so he grew lonely, so he extended his arm out, and with one finger released a wave of power; This caused the universe to be born; along with it, Chaos and Order." The man felt silent before glancing over to the children to see them all staring at him with awe in their eyes.

I could only watch from his eyes and see the excitement as the shapes spawned around.

"This entity then hid amongst his creations, disappearing completely. Until he arrived at the third planet within a galaxy, there he met a young goddess and fell in love at first sight. However, being an unknown entity. He decides to leave her alone. Only leaving the young goddess with a flute, that if played with the right tune, he could be summoned." 

Mira laughed and scooted closer, leaning forward with glee in her cheery gaze.

"You're more powerful than the gods aren't you father?!"

I could feel a smile spread across the man's face until he rose his hand up to the kids' view and stuck his pinky out.

"The gods can't even dream  of cutting my fingernail,"

I awake with a sharp gasp as I opened my eyes widely and stared into the ceiling. The man in my dream felt familiar. 

"Hey," A soft voice snapped me out of my thought, and I turned to look at the other side of the cabin. Sitting upright on the upper bunk was Sophia, staring at me with a look of concern etched into her expression.

"What's wrong?" Sophia's voice came out soft, almost like a whisper. I closed my eyes and turned my head away, shaking slightly.

"I-I don't know," I stuttered softly. A pain in my chest softly erupted, but nothing physical. The sudden thought of those gravestones from my vision popped up, and I felt the loss of those children.

"I just had a bad dream," I tried to sound upbeat, but it came out wrong, causing Sophia's expression to deepen.

"Want to tell me about it?" She asked, slowly shifting on her bed to sit on top of her knees.

I shook my head and waved my hand before speaking. "We should get ready for breakfast." Sophia gave a grim nod and climbed down her bunk, and rushed to get ready.

I pulled my body out of bed, feeling stiff. 

I closed my eyes and blinked slowly, preparing myself for another day. 

A groan passed through my lips as I pulled myself out of bed and stood up. I glanced around before walking out of the cabin and towards the dining pavilion where everyone was already arriving.

"Percy!" The familiar voice of my friends warmed my heart as I turned around to see them all walking towards me in a small group.

For once I felt relief at the sight of people.

"Hey guys," I forced the dream from my mind and tried to focus on the current moment, but something kept irking at me.

"Chiron wants you at the big house after you eat," Piper told me before turning to enter. I frowned and watched them all pass me and head inside. Their back faced me and once again I felt alone.

Later, after breakfest. I headed towards the large house and walked up the creaky steps. Chiron was already waiting for me, and by his side was Lady Artemis.

I stood by him stunned for a moment as she stared at me. In her eyes flashed something, but it disappeared as soon as it was seen.

"Perseus!" Artemis spoke, her tone almost sounding bored.

"I've decided to let three of my hunters tag along with this quest." Artemis now glared at me and squared her shoulders before turning to look at Chiron.

"I must go now Chiron, please keep an eye on my hunters while they remain in camp."

Artemis turned to look at me one last time before flashing away. I shut my eyes and looked away at the bright light.

"I know this quest will not be easy Percy," Chiron spoke out grasping my attention as I reponed my eyes to look at him. His expression was full of concern, and everything in it told me to worry.

The dreams came back to my mind, and an urge to tell Chiron rose to mind. But, I quickly dismissed the idea. Something in me was telling me not to.

"I'll go find other demigods to go with me. We will leave today." My voice wavered for a second, changing into a familiar voice. I shut my mouth and quickly walked away.

'What the hell!' I thought as I speed-walked through the camp.

"Ayee!" I could hear loud yells, and numerous people talking, until I came to crowed.

"You stay away from him!" Annabeth's voice broke through the loud crowd, only causing me to rush into the center.

"Stay away?" Sophia's voice sounded mocking. As I pushed through the last bit of the crowd and saw both Annabeth and Sophia in the center glaring daggers at each other, with Thalia and two other hunters by Annabeth's side.

"What the hell?" I shouted. Everyone became silent, as I walked towards Annabeth and Sophia.

"Percy!" Both shoved each other as they rushed to me.

"Tell her that she is being clingy!" Annabeth demanded as Sophia turned to glare at her.

"At least I'm not being a bitch to him!" The crowd of demigods made 'oohs' and 'ooo's as Annabeth snapped her mouth shut with rage. Her lips even curled downward in rage.

"Stop!" I shouted, causing both to fall silent, along with the crowd.

"Today we have a quest, we don't have time for a stupid game, Annabeth and Sophia prepare for a quest along with you three," The hunters gave me a nod.

"Tonight we must set out, pack everything you need." I shoved past them both.

"Percy!!" Both called out, I stopped and turned to face them, and the crowd.

"Campers, I'd suggest you prepare for the worst," I spoke, again my voice waved and changed into a grim tone.

Annabeth and Sophia both watched me turn my heels and walk away. Leaving them in utter silence.