What a shame

"I suggest you all follow me into the throne room and don't make a sound," Iam spoke as she walked over to the large throne room doors as the hunters all gathered around and pushed one another, and the hunters hushed.

There was a look of curiosity in their eyes as they wondered how Zeus would respond to this prank. On the other hand, Artemis's chest swelled with unease as her gaze lingered on Iam before she formed a thin line on her lips and nodded.

"Alright, let's go in," Iam commented as she cast an invisibility spell over the large group.

The young nymph slowly pushed the throne room door open before peaking her head in and seeing the place empty. The young nymph had just entered, and Zeus sat on his throne with a look of concern.

"What are you concerned about?" Iam's voice hung in the air as Zeus came to register her presence in the room. It was silent for a few moments before Zeus blinked and noticed the familiar figure standing below.

"You're alive?" Zeus sounded amazed as he slowly stood up and shrunk down.

"Of course!" Iam gloated slightly, pressing a hand against her hip.

With a cold tone laced into her melodious voice, the nymph asked, "Do you wish me dead?" Zeus scanned her over before giving a grin known among the female population."I wouldn't dream of it, you are too beautiful to waste away," The tone of his voice changed, and the bitterness almost seeped through. Iam noticed his sarcastic tone.

"You're being sarcastic with me," Zeus' eye twitched slightly. "Why are you here?" "I hope it's not to boss me around anymore. I'm not a young godling anymore,"  Iam forced away a bitter smile before glancing to the side.

"And if I am?" Zeus' expression changed as he noticed the nymph drop her guard. "I'll kill you."

"I'd like to see you try," The threat hung in the air. Zeus didn't take it seriously as he lurched forward to grab the nymph by the throat, only to end up nearly falling flat on his face.

"I said, I'd like to see you try," The nymph repeated, earning a scowl from Zeus.

"A lowly nymph can't defy me. I'm your king," Iam's eyes sparked with amusement before walking forward and getting down on one knee to get closer to Zeus' eye level.

"You're not my king, you ungrateful brat. It's thanks to me that you even became king," Zeus fell silent before he pushed himself upward and grasped the nymph's arm.

"I don't owe you a thing. I never have. Never will." The nymph's face seemed to gloat as Zeus' anger grew. Never had a mare nymph shown him so much disrespect before.

"You stupid fool," The nymph spoke before placing her hand on Zeus' head and then forcefully shoving him to the ground.

"Do you not even feel the power that radiates off me like magma from a volcano? are you so dimwitted not to even register who I am?" The nymph looked down at Zeus.

Noticing Zeus' confused expression, The nymph sighed heavily before standing up. "What a shame, you are a dimwit. I'll see you soon, very soon," I'am smiled and left Zeus struggling to stand up straight. His head felt like it was spinning. He grunted before pushing himself forward and planting himself down on his throne.

The hunters watched all this with a mixture of expressions. Their thoughts rushed like a whirlwind.

"M'lady," Angeline spoke out lowly as her gentle brown eyes looked up at Artemis.

"Let's go. We'll talk back at the camp. Safer than sorry, Artemis spoke, cutting off the hunter from saying anything else. Artemis followed the nymph, with all her hunters right after her trail.  Not far up ahead stood I'am in his regular form, leaning against a pillar. His gaze was upon them as they all neared.

"I told you," Those were his first words to the girls as they all stared at him in bewilderment.

"So you did raise Zeus! how come he's such an asshole then?" The hunters all flooded him with questions, but I'am could only smile at them.

"I had expected much more from him, but he let power go to his head." Iam sounded disappointed, as he turned and glanced over his shoulder.

"Now, let's get going before someone spots us."

________________________

Night time came early, and Artemis sat in front of the campfire. All the hunters had gone to bed, and she stayed up watching her moon glide across the sky.

"My love," A gentle voice coxed her to look back. Artemis turned slowly and spotted I'am standing behind her with the most gentle gaze she had ever seen in a man.

"Are you having doubts?" He asked, his loving gaze not wavering. Artemis could only turn back to the fire as she sighed softly.

"I'm afraid of what will become with my hunters. I swore to be a virgin goddess, and they all follow me because of this," Artemis spilled her fears. Iam walked closer to her and softly rubbed her back.

"I know, but those girls adore you, Just as much as I do."  

"Here, come with me." Iam gently reached and grasped Artemis's hand.

"You are my wife," Iam said, lifting her hand against his lips and giving a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.

"Those girls are like your daughters, and you know they love you. Just as much as I do, if you even ask me anything. I would be powerless against any request you make." 

Artemis smiled and looked up at him. "Thank you,"

"I'll walk you back to your tent to rest, love," True to his word, I'am walked Artemis to her tent, wished her goodnight, and watched her disappear before rushing to the edge of the woods. Within the shadows of the thick trees stood Medusa with a saddened expression as she watched the interactions between her master and the moon goddess. I'am neared Medusa and smiled at her kindly.

"Medusa, you're back."

"Master," Medusa greeted as she rushed forward to him.

"Medusa, I need you to do something for me,"

"Anything you need, master,"

I'am sighed deeply and looked down at Medusa briefly before casting his gaze onto her head.

"Tomorrow, I want you to gather a few monsters, have them attack the greek campers, and kill the daughter of Athena. Only the daughter of Athena, no one else."  He paused and then glanced at her with a grimace.

"This will officially start the war."