Unclaimed Mess

The camp was silent by this point.

Everyone had heard the news of the war.

This time there was no Percy Jackson. No one to save them, no hero.

The warmth of the camp disappeared, and no one was willing to bet on the god's honesty to save them, so of course, they all trained. They were almost to the point of exhaustion.

The camp counselors pushed everyone, trying their best to get progress done before the worst could come.

Day after day. The campers prayed for someone to help. With useless gods and fear-stricken hearts, their prayers were left unheard. But hope brewed as Sophia stepped into the camp covered in godly armor.

Her eyes blazed with determination as she took calm steps inside. "Campers!" Her voice hung in the air.

"Today, Chaos and Order have sent warriors to aid us! Hopes not gone. We must give it our all, just like Percy would have done!"

Cheers erupted as Sophia ended her speech. Behind her opened a portal, and about a dozen armored people walked out. Campers gasped as they all recognized the elite group of warriors chosen by Chaos herself.

"Luke!" Annabeth's voice rang through the air as she pushed her way to the front. Luke smiled and turned to look at her,

"Beth!!" Rushing towards her, Luke embraced her once she was close enough.

"Oh! Thank the gods!" Annabeth cried, burying her face into his chest.

"Luke, don't forget you're position!" A girl hissed. Annabeth lifted her gaze to glare at the person, only to face Bianca. One by one, dead heroes seemed to become more recognizable. And the campers cheered with relief.

"Is Percy with you guys?!" A frantic voice called out. Luke stepped away from Annabeth and turned to face Thalia. "No, I'm sorry, Thalia," Luke's apology seemed to have crushed the girl, as she choked out a silent sob.

"We're here to help. Chaos and Order brought us for an upcoming war. The gods fear an attack today." Sophia intervened.

"We need the campers to get ready now!" With her tone, everyone nearby started whispering and spreading the words before many rushed to prepare themselves.

"Take the youngest campers to the safest Cabin with plenty of food and water. Honestly, we're not sure what we're facing in this battle or with anything. We need to prepare for the worst!" Luke shouted, turning to look at his companions.

"Yes, commander!" The other warriors saluted before rushing off to help the campers prepare.Only four remained. Thalia glanced at Luke and slapped him hard. "How could you do that to us!" She shouted before embracing him.

"Idiot, seriously. But I'm glad you're here right now," Annabeth placed her hand on Luke's shoulder and turned to look at Sophia, who had become silent throughout the interactions.

"Our chances are grim," Sophia sighed, looking up to the sky. The sun was bright, but the air felt cold.

"I wish Percy were here," Sophia muttered while wiping away the tear running down her cheek. Luke sympathized and patted her shoulder.

"I'm no Jackson, but I'll do my best."

_____________________

Five hours later, the horn sounded, and the camp fell into a frenzy as the monsters approached. To their horror, all the monsters organized themselves. Oddly enough, Medusa stood right at the front, like a commander. The campers quickly formed a line, creating a wall in front of the camp.

They were ready for the battle. The tress created an obstacle for both sides, but neither side backed off. Silence fell over the battlefield before the craw of a bird set everything into motion.

"Remember, Iam said not to kill a single camper. Knock them out and only aim to kill our target," Medusa remarked before dashing forward. Today, Medusa was determined to prove herself to her master. The Athena spawn had to die.

_____________________

For a full day straight, the battle continued. During that time, not one camper died, but many monsters turned to dust.

Thinking they were winning, the campers became boastful and full of confidence, slaughtering monsters in their awake.

"This is too easy," Sohpia exclaimed, concerned as another monster disintegrated into dust. "Just keep going," Luke yelled.

"We need him to come out,"

"Have you ever noticed the absence of the hunters!" Annabeth called out, drawing the attention of the group. Thalia was nowhere to be seen or any of the other hunters.

"You're right," Sophia dropped her guard as she gasped in realization.

"The hunters aren't on our side!" Sophia exclaimed towards Annabeth and Luke, only to see Medusa standing behind Annabeth. Medusa whispered to Annabeth, "Goodbye, Athena spawn."

Annabeth's expression changed to concern as her body began to turn to stone.

"Our master says hello," Medusa's taunt was to make the campers angry before disappearing into the thick trees. Sophia and Luke rushed to Annabeth. She could only whimper before turning to stone.

"Fuck!" Luke screamed in front of Annabeth's statue, falling to his knees. Eventually, the campers with experience killed the last few monsters. Everyone dropped from exhaustion, but in a blink of an eye, they all filled the throne room, but no gods were in sight. Above them was a large mist screen, with all the gods standing in an empty field.

The campers watched in horror as they saw a tall figure standing carefree on the other end. "I see the campers have finished their fight,"

The figure spoke to the gods. "But I'm disappointed in you all... Again."

"Always leaving your children to fight your battles,"  His tone was stoic, and the campers flinched at the tone. The gods all stood there, glaring daggers at the man, and from what the campers could witness, it appeared another battle was about to start.

"Now, where are my kids?" The man asked, looking around through the thick crowd of gods, even a few primordials.

"We're here," A voice called out. The screen shifted, and the campers saw Chaos and Order emerge from a post with armor covering their bodies.

"I'm not letting you win," Chaos remarked, filled with determination, but Order could only make a grimace that was obvious to others.

"Alright, here's the deal. I will let you all attack me at once. If you make me stumble a few inches back, you win." That sounded like an easy task to the demigods watching, but they all watched the faces of the gods morph into uncertainty. No god or entity dared make the first move.

Luke took a deep breath and watched as the creator stared down at the gods. "What a mess," Luke whispered, forming a fist.