Be with me

Artemis slowly moved through the tall bushes as her eyes scanned around to search for any sign of danger. Her heart felt like it was boiling with anger as she searched.

Somehow, she knew who Sophia had seen, and it caused Artemis's heart to skip a beat. After seeing Percy Jackson, she grew furious at the man she had once treasured.

"Looking for me, darling?" That voice caused Artemis to freeze in her step. Once again, her heart started beating faster as her cheeks grew warmer, but the anger in her consumed her as she grew nervous and angry.

"How could you kill Percy Jackson!" Artemis shouted as she clenched her fist and closed her eyes shut. The tears that threatened to fall only caused her to raise her lips into a snarl as they quivered slightly.

"I can't kill someone who's never existed," Iam commented as he walked out from behind a tree.

Artemis slowly turned to face him and saw how handsome he looked. Somehow, he looked so much more powerful.

"You look so different," She commented softly. Iam smiled and shook his head.

"I do not, the only difference is my eyes, but that's about it." Artemis sighed softly before walking towards him.

"Please explain to me something. What did you mean by your statement earlier? I'd hate to admit it, but I cannot be friends with you if it's not a good answer," Iam frowned and tilted his head to the side slightly, which caused a small corner of Artemis's lip to twitch upwards.

'He looks like a lost puppy,' She thought. Iam's brows knotted together as he bent down enough to be at her height.

"I was Percy Jackson. I suppose you never noticed." Artemis's brows shot up in surprise as she gasped softly. It was true she had never thought of such a possibility.

"How is that even possible?"

Iam smiled and shrugged. "Honestly, I'm not even sure. I had no idea of my true self,"

"Well, was that power surge you're doing?" Artemis asked as she slowly started walking over to a bush filled with wildflowers.

Iam only watched for a moment before he cleared his throat and answered. "Yes, it was. I decided to take my rightful spot," Artemis furrowed her brows in confusion as she sharply turned to look at him.

"What do you mean by that?" Her question sounded almost demanding, but it was also full of fear.

Iam looked into her eyes before replying in a calm tone.

"I am the real creator," His words caused Artemis to pause in shock.

"What?" Artemis rushed over to where he stood and looked into his eyes. Much to her amazement, she could see the cosmos with such a truthful stare.

"I came to you with a reason," Iam spoke as he reached out to cup her cheek but stopped before he even made skin contact.

"...I'd like to..." he began as his eyes flickered to her pink lips as he leaned toward her.

"To make you my wife," He finished softly.

Artemis was not expecting such a request as she froze and pulled away from him.

"I... can't..." She stammered as her heart began to pound in her chest. The hope in his eyes flickered into grief, but he nodded in understanding.

"It's alright, I understand. You are a maiden goddess after all," Iam turned around to leave but stopped as a small hand grabbed his wrist.

"Wait!" Artemis called out loudly.

"I want to think it over a bit more. Can I think it over more before making a final decision?" She asked. Iam's gaze softened as he nodded.

"Of course, take all the time you need." Artemis sighed in relief as she sprung and hugged him.

"Thank you. It's just that I've been a maiden goddess for so long that I'd never thought anyone would propose to me. I'd have to talk to Zeus and see if he could agree..."

"I forgot you weren't in the meeting earlier, but I declared war on Olympus, Chaos, and Order." Artemis let her arms loosen around him as she gave a muffled laugh.

"That can't be right. Why would you do such a thing when you created everything," Iam patted her head and smiled apologetically.

"Because all three have what belongs to me. I've minded my business long enough while I stood by and watched for too long. I plan on recreating a hierarchy of gods,"

"I see," Artemis responded.

"Can I ask another question?" Iam smirked softly at Artemis.

"You just did," He pointed out, causing Artemis to blush and playfully smack his arm.

"I'm being serious,"

"Go ahead," He said through a small laugh.

"What about Annabeth Chase? You were Percy Jackson. Do you still have feelings for her?" Iam stopped laughing and looked at Artemis seriously.

"I am not Percy Jackson. True I lived like him, but in reality, he's a fragment of imagination. I do not love the Athena spawn."

"My dear Artemis, I love you," Iam said confidently.

"I have from the moment I met you, up to this today, and it will continue as such."

"I will," Artemis suddenly blurted out, her cheeks turning more colorful as she glanced away, flushed.

"I decided, I'm sure." She confirmed before Iam could even question her answer.

"Thank you," He whispered, almost breathless while pressing his forehead against hers. Everything seemed fuller with more energy tonight, including the moon, which sparkled brighter than ever.

"Artemis, we can bond tonight, or I will continue to give you time, and we will do it whenever you are ready?"

"Bond?" Artemis questioned as her mind wandered off to an entirely different thing.

Iam nodded before caressing her cheek and responding.

"Yes, becoming my official wife through a ceremony." Artemis blushed and laughed, shaking from the empressement she felt.

"Oh, is the ceremony something like a wedding?" She asked. Iam smiled and patted her head.

"Yes, originally, I don't need such formalities. I can consider you my wife as of now, but I want you to feel comfortable."

"Oh... I'm alright with that," Artemis nodded as she thought about her hunters. They were aware of Iam, but she wondered what their reactions would be if she claimed to be the creator's wife.

"You can tell you're hunters about me. I already exposed myself anyway. Though, I would not flaunt that with the Olympians. They aren't fond of me right now." Iam scratched the back of his head as Artemis laughed.

"That's alright. I never liked the majority of those Olympians. There is only a handful of gods I can get along with, such as Hestia, Hades, and Demeter." Iam smiled and kissed her forehead.

"This will mark you as my wife," Right, where he had kissed her now, rested a beautiful crescent moon head chain that sparkled like miniature stars. The golden chains were as long as her natural hair.

"Go back to your hunters if you need me. Just call me. I must deal with Chaos and Order," Iam gently brushed a strand of her hair away from her face and kissed her cheek before disappearing into the woods.