Chapter Sixteen - Still Alive

"Put the gun down Buck," you said, standing behind him and Sam. Zemo looked shocked as he looked at you, you smirked. Bucky put the gun down, and turned to look at you. "Sam take Zemo to the jet, please," Zemo followed Sam to the jet. And you waited for Bucky to say something.

"What are you doing?" He asked you, "I don't deserve you Y/N, we both known that,"

"Bucky can you just shut up for a minute," you said, before stepping towards him and cupping his face and kissing him. He held you by the waist with his metal arm and ran his fingers through your hair. It felt nice to be back in his embrace. But then he let you go.

"Y/N what are you doing?" He asked you.

"I was kissing you,"

He shook his head, "You shouldn't be with me," you turned to look at Sam. You smiled weakly at him, "I lost my chance, you know that,"

It wasn't until you were stood there, not sure how to react that you felt a bullet hit your torso. "Fuck," you said, placing a hand over the wound. Your shirt was already soaked in blood, and you used the palm of your hand to apply pressure. Sam ran over to help you, as Bucky stood there in shock. You collapsed onto the floor as Sam reached you, and the last thing you could see was Bucky chasing after Zemo. The fact he'd left you alone again.

"I'm gonna kill you," said Bucky as he caught up with Zemo, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Zemo laughed, "I am sorry," he said, "She was just collateral damage," Bucky's face dropped. He didn't even care that he had shot you. Bucky was about to lose the love of his life, and Zemo thought you were nothing. He clenched his jaw.

"And she is my everything,"

As Bucky held the gun to Zemo's head, again. Sam shouted him over, and he ran towards you. He fell down to the floor, and you collapsed back into his arms. He held you close as you pressed the wound. Your head felt dizzy and you struggled to keep your eyes open. "Buck," you said as you coughed, holding the wound to dull the pain. Your eyes fluttered closed, and your body went limp.

"No y/n," said Bucky, he held pressure to the wound for you. "Stay with me," he whispered as you completely lost consciousness. Suddenly, another jet flew above them. Tony, Thor and Steve landed beside Sam. As Nat and Wanda landed gracefully and walked over.

"Need some help?" asked Wanda.

Sam nodded, "Thanks for coming you guys," they nodded. Steve threw his shield at Loki, who was appearing from the distance as Wanda used her magic to restrain Zemo. Loki wouldn't go down without a fight, so Tony used his armour to kick him to the ground and held his bullets to him. Loki gave up, and so did Zemo. You'd won, you'd really won.

"Let me help Y/N," said Nat as she sat next to Bucky and your unconscious body.

Bucky looked down at you, and a tear rolled down his cheek, "It's too late," he whispered, holding you close to him. "It's too late,"

"You're not gonna lose her," said Nat, "Let me help," Bucky looked away, still holding you close to him. He could feel your decrease in heartbeat. He could feel you dying. He was going to lose you. And he couldn't quite comprehend that, "Look I might hate you right now but, you love her, and I want you to be happy," Bucky looked at Nat, and smiled apologetically.

Tony walked other, followed by the others, "How can we help?" he asked.

"Call an ambulance," Nat responded, Bucky looked away and used his arm to dry his tears. He still kept you in his arms, he couldn't let you go.

You open your eyes and see Bucky. "Y/N can you hear me?" Asked Bucky weakly, as he smiled at you regained your consciousness. Your head hurt, and you looked around to see the others. You didn't remember them arriving but whatever.

"I can hear you," you responded, Bucky chuckled, stroking your hair. He was smiling at you, and you smiled back.

And then he kissed you.