Chapter Seventeen - Xoxo

A/N: okay so I probably didn't make this clear when I first published it. So anyway, there is two versions of the Ending. One for Sam and one for Bucky depending on who you want to end up with. 💓

And then he kissed you.

Bucky brushed some of the stray hair out of your face, "You're alive," he said, smiling. 

"Of course I'm alive," you responded, chuckling. You moved from sitting in Bucky's arms, and him and Sam helped you up. "You idiot, of course I'm alive, you're still stuck with me," Sam smiled at you, and you smiled back brightly. 

Bucky looked up from the floor, "You scared me," his face showed that he was deadly serious. You showed a sympathetic smile. Although you weren't quite sure why you were sorry. 

"Bucky you know that I-" he nodded before you could say that you loved him. And you did, you did love him. But he didn't want you to love him. 

He took your hand, "Y/N-"

"Don't, don't say it Bucky," you whispered, "I want you can't you see that," Sam looked between you and Bucky. And you tried to hold your posture so you weren't looking like some girl whose happiness depended on Bucky Barnes. Ironically. 

He squeezed your hand, but looked sad, "I don't deserve you anymore," he whispered. 

You sighed, "I want you Bucky," you said, pulling him closer to you, "Why can't you see that?" He just looked away, and you felt your heart break. He couldn't do this to you. Not again. He can't keep doing this. 

"I should probably go," 

You let out a sob, which you hated. "No Bucky don't, please don't leave me," you said, between tears, "Don't go please," he was turned away from you. Ready to leave.

He turned back, giving you some hope. "I'm sorry," then he walked away. And you felt your heart fully shatter. You lost balance and almost collapsed into Sam's hug as you held back tears. He held you as you cried. Nat looked over to you, and then chased after Bucky who was heading away. 

When she reached him, she pulled him backwards by the collar of his jacket. "What are you doing?" She asked him sternly, "And don't tell me to stay out of it because we both know you love her," 

Bucky pushed her hand off his shoulder, "You don't know me Natasha," 

She nodded, "I was there when you two were together, you were so happy together," Bucky looked unimpressed, but he knew that she was right. "She is your soulmate, you are meant to be together okay?" 

"I know," 

Natasha looked confused, "Then why are you walking away?" 

"Because I love her, I am walking away because I love her. Why does no one get that," Natasha stared at him. The guy who loved you but left you. "She deserves better than me," 

"But she only wants you," 

Bucky looked past Nat, to where Sam was hugging you. Before he walked past Nat and towards you. 

★Bucky Endgame Part★

Bucky walked towards you as Sam let go of you. "Y/N," he said your name loudly, but softly. 

"Would you care to venture an explanation," you asked, anger suddenly taking over you. Which you hated. 

Bucky put his hands on your arms, "i love you, i love you so fucking much. But I can't, which is why i am terrified, of hurting you again, and I'm sorry, but I just-" 

You brushed his cheek with your thumb, "I love you can't you get that?" 

"Look I get that, but-" 

You looked him dead in the eye, "There are no but's James," you said, "So tell me, are you going to stay?" Bucky looked up at you, before wrapping his arm around your waist and pulled you in to kiss him. You kissed him back, and felt your heart relax. You loved Bucky. It was okay. 

"I'm going to stay," 

★Sam Endgame★

Bucky walked towards you as Sam let go of you. "Y/N," he said your name loudly, but softly. 

"Would you care to venture an explanation," you asked, anger suddenly taking over you. Which you hated. 

Bucky put his hands on your arms, "i love you, i love you so fucking much. But I can't, which is why i am terrified, of hurting you again, and I'm sorry, but I just-" 

You brushed his cheek with your thumb, "I love you can't you get that?" 

"Look I get that, but-" 

You looked him dead in the eye, "There are no but's James," you said, "So tell me, are you going to stay?" Bucky looked at you sadly. And you already knew his answer.

"I'm sorry," he said. You looked at the floor and breathed in. He wasn't going to stay. You were alone. 

You nodded, looking back up. "I know,"
Bucky walked away and you watched him leave. His footsteps getting further from you was the only thing you could focus on. You wanted him to stay, you thought he would stay. 

"Are you okay?" came Sam's voice.

You turned towards him, "Not really," he held you by the waist, and you rested your head on his chest as he ran his hands through your hair. You looked back up at him, and he ran his thumb over your lip. And you leaned your forehead against his. 

And then he kissed you.