Chapter Sixteen

~Kaine's P.O.V~

I was so fucking enraged. This was not how my day was supposed to start. I was supposed to be in my bed, my arms wrapped tightly around the beautiful, golden angel fast asleep under my blankets. I was supposed to wake up to her brown eyes peering up at me, or hell even just repeating what we did hours ago! After that, we would take a shower together and go get breakfast and spend the day doing whatever she wanted until our date. But NO, the rat ass bitch in my circle set my warehouse on fire and all of my product was taken.

My guess is the fire was set to cover up the fact that all the drugs were gone. When I got there, all that was left to identify the building was charred rubble and the pungent smell of smoke still clinging to the area surrounding it. I tugged at my hair, willing myself to hold it together until the police and the fire department got all the necessary statements needed from the incident. The early morning held a slight chill from the previous night, but it didn't bother me as I stood there in my black hoodie and a pair of ripped black jeans.

The fire department hesitantly ruled it accident, with a little monetary persuasion from my end and the cops were none the wiser. Their line of questioning never strayed from those of an accident. Time flew by, it seemed like. The police were pleased with the information gathered from each of my men. The sun was up, and those annoying ass birds were chirping and shit by the time they stopped with the questions and packed up their equipment. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I checked the time.

A quarter after nine and still so much to be done. As soon as the officer in charge felt like he got all of the information he needed, he walked to his patrol car and got in with a slight nod in our direction. The other officer did the same and both were pulling out of the lot in the following minute. As soon as I was sure they were gone, I was pacing. I kicked and punched anything and everything in my path.

"FUCK!" I shouted at the sky, before closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. I opened my eyes, stalking towards Jax. I gripped his shirt in my closed fist. "Please tell me you have something, Jax. Anything." I gritted out. He grasped my fist and pried it open before giving me a look.

"Why don't we go talk over there?" He offered and without waiting for an answer, he began making his way over to the opposite side of the warehouses remains. I followed silently, seething and blood thirsty.

I needed a name and I needed it like yesterday. I was done with the little fucking games. He turned around to face me when we were far away enough from being overheard. Opening and closing his mouth, he appeared to be struggling to word whatever he was about to say. Another moment went by before he spoke up again. A part of me dreaded hearing what kind of information he had to give me. The other part of me was less than an inch away from wrapping my hands around his neck. I would strangle the words out of his body.

"I have a question for you. When was the last time you heard from Gino?" he asked.

I pondered for a moment, thinking truthfully about our last conversation before answering Jax. Aside from the brief meeting I had with the boys a few hours prior, I hadn't personally talked to Gino since the morning before.

"I'm pretty sure that the last time I talked to him was yesterday morning." I told him.

My half-brother and I didn't have much of a relationship. We were nothing alike and the only reason he was with me, was because of our mother. I would've gotten rid of his ass a long time ago if it were solely up to me. Mama would kick my ass if I didn't look out for him, though. We were a few years apart, me being the eldest. He was a pain in the ass, and I was constantly bailing him out of sticky situations. He took after his good for nothing father where that was concerned.