Chapter Seventeen

~Kaines P. O. V~

Never in my life had I been graced with a sight as enticing and as perfect as the woman making her way back towards me. Words had failed me, and I couldnt stop the look of hunger I flashed her if I had wanted to. Rayne looked absolutely breathtaking in a sexy little black number. Her curves were all on full display, the slight peek-a-boo of her sternum piece turning me on from the deep plunge in the front of her dress. The things I could see myself doing to this temptress would make the devil shiver. From her loose curls of black hair to her plump lips, all the way down to her maroon painted toes, I knew Id have a hard time refraining from repeating the various positions Id had her in the previous night. I cleared my throat and snapped myself out of the stupor her appearance had left me in.

" Sembri delizioso, amore. Dovremmo uscire, le nostre prenotazioni sono fissate per sette." (You look delicious, love. We should go, our reservations are set for seven.) I spoke, gently reaching for her hand. She bit her lip, one of those nervous actions of hers that drove me wild. It took some control to not bite that lip myself.

Grazie. Sono pronto, lasciami dire a Sydnei che me ne vado. (Thank you. I'm ready, just let me tell Sydnei I'm leaving.) She murmured; her voice quiet, timid. I nodded in response but wasnt entirely sure she saw. She couldnt even look up at me for longer than a second before her eyes traveled back to the floor.

Was my little minx nervous?

I let her hand go and she took the few steps back down the hall and poked her head in a room whose door had been closed. I could hear her speaking softly to her friend, while I took the time to deeply appreciate the glow of her golden skin and the plump perfectly rounded ass the was facing my direction. I inwardly groaned as the mental images of that sinful body under me forced their way to the forefront of my mind once again. I couldnt get her out of my head.

Before another minute could pass, she was closing the door and walking back to me with a small smile on her face. I reached for her hand and laced our fingers, after she grabbed her clutch and keys. I opened the door for her and followed her out of it. The entire way to my car she kept her hand in mine until I opened the passenger door for her. She quietly thanked me with a small blush making an appearance on her cheeks.

Adorable.

I closed the door gently and rounded the car to the drivers side, slipping in and starting the car up in one smooth motion. I snuck a quick glance over at her, still entranced by her beauty. Her brown skin was radiant and looked every bit as smooth as I knew it was. She smelled like the most forbidden of fruits and her hair laid perfectly on her head, not a hair out of place. Jax was right. She was the total opposite of her—of Jess. They were completely different in every sense of the word. It still baffles me how completely blinded I was by her.

I thought she loved me for me. Kaine. The man with a rough exterior but who treated her like the delicate flower I thought she was. The man that gave her everything she could have ever dreamed of, because he wanted to see her happy. But thats just it, she wasnt a flower. She was all thorns and pain. Once the rose-colored lenses came off, I learned who she really was.

I never wouldve thought that three years ago, the woman I loved was the very snake in the grass Id been trying to put an end to. I was a pawn to her and like the lovesick idiot I was, I played right into her trap. I was nothing. Just something disposable, and replaceable. I admit it, Jessica wrecked me. But, during those dark moments of my past, I made a promise to myself that I vowed to keep. I promised that I would never let another woman play me like Jessica did.

Snapping back to the present, I was driving down the street, the sun low and the sky a mixture of oranges and pinks. Coming to a stop at a red light, I stole another glance at Rayne whose eyes were already studying me. A look of concern was etched on her face, and it took me a moment before I realized that she had spoken to me.