May - Part VI.

“Who in their right mind issues a test and quiz with a month left of school?” Bennett stretches.

I shake my head. “Focus and stop being a big baby. You said you would study.”

“I know, but it’s so boring.” He whines.

I scroll to another page of my study guide. He leans over my shoulder, resting his chin on me.

“Bennett, how am I supposed to focus if you’re leaning on me?”

“You’re not. You’re supposed to give me attention.”

I smile and look over at him. He’s already grinning.

From this angle, he’s only a breath away. My smile slips from my face. I look down at his lips before meeting his eyes. He swallows hard before moving away.

“Do you want to get something to eat?” He rubs the back of his neck.

I slide further down in my seat. “Uh, yeah. Why don’t you grab the take out menus while I finish up my study guide.”

He leaves the room. I take a deep breath before slowly letting it out.

There goes any semblance of a normal study session. I finish up my study guide and tuck my laptop into my bag. I chew on the inside of my cheek. I send a text to Trisha.

‘I think Bennett and I almost kissed…’

‘Finally!’ She quickly responds.

‘Trish!’

‘Oh, come on! It’s obvs that you both like each other.’

‘We talked about this.’

‘No, you talked and I listened. He’s a good die Ray.’

I frown.

‘*Guy. Stupid autocorrect.’

I send an emoji rolling its eyes.

She sends me a gif of Sebastian from The Little Mermaid puckering his lips.

‘Bye, Trish.’

I tuck my phone back into my pocket as Bennet walks in.

“I’m thinking Chinese food or we could do Mexican since we haven’t done that in a while.”

“I could really go for some nachos, but those egg rolls were amazing last time when ordered. And edamame.” I hum with the memory.

He chuckles. “How about both and we watch a movie?”

“But it’s such a weird combination..”

“Well, pick one, woman. I’m hungry.”

“You choose. You always make me choose.” I whine.

“Because you’re not gonna yell at me for not picking what you want because you don’t tell me.”

“Fine. How about you get Chinese and I get Mexican and we can share?” I grin widely.

“You get your food and I get my food.”

I pout.

“I don’t care how cute you are, I’m not sharing my food. I’ll go order our usuals.” He starts dialing the numbers.

Once the food is ordered, we move into the living room of his apartment.

“Where are your roommates?” I grab the remote and tuck my legs underneath me.

“They went out.”

“You didn’t go with them?”

He shakes his head. “We had a study date.”

“Session.”

“What?”

“Study session. Not date. And we could’ve gotten together tomorrow to study.”

He smirks. “Nah, I like hanging out with you and I can go out another night.”

I flip through the channels. “Maybe Trisha and I could go out with you guys one day.”

“Yeah?”

I glance at him. He has an eyebrow raised.

“What?”

“I just don’t see you as a club dancing person.”

I scoff. “I go out dancing.”

“Oh, really?”

“Really.” I glare.

He smirks. “Prove it.”

“Okay, let’s do it this weekend.”

“You’re serious?”

I sit back on the couch and look at him. “Most definitely.”

There’s a knock on the door. The delivery guy hands our food over. Bennett rejoins me after tipping him. We create a spread on the coffee table.

“If we go out, will you dance with me?” he asks with a mouth full of noodles.

I swipe an egg roll I know he got for me. “No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so.”

“That’s not a legit reason, My Queen.”

I cut my eyes at him.

“I’m not going to dance with you.”

“How about if I ace our chapter quiz, will you dance with me?”

“How does this benefit me? Plus, it’s not going to be that complex.”

“Fine.” He wipes his hands and takes a sip from his drink. “If I ace our final exam, then you dance with me.”

“If you don’t?”

“What do you want?”

I mull it over.

What do I want?