September - Part X

"I'm home!" Trish walks into the front door.

I quickly climb off of Bennett's lap and sit next to him on the couch. My face warms as I straighten my shirt. I feel like my mom just walked in on me.

"Reign Abigail Craven." Trish sets her stuff down on the kitchen table.

I die even more from embarrassment.

"Abigail?" Bennett whispers, making it worse.

"Are you having sex with a boy on our living room couch?" Trish continues.

"No!" I shout quickly. "We were just kissing."

"Sure you were." She sits on a bar stool.

"I thought you were at a group meeting."

She smirks. "I was, but we finished early. Didn't know I was gonna come home to a Cinemax film in the living room. Or as my mom says, 'Skinemax'."

I cover my face. Please, God, take me now.

"I should head out."

I look over to see Bennett highly amused by her comment.

"Don't leave on my account."

"You're fine. I didn't realize the time. I have an organization meeting in 15 minutes." He looks over at me and sees my lips. "Don't pout, My Queen. I'll call you."

I realized I'd dropped my hands and had my bottom lip poked out. I puff out my cheeks to help reset my face.

Bennett kisses me one last time before standing to his feet. I walk him to the door.

"Can I see you later?" I ask.

He chuckles. "Still can't get enough of me?"

I roll my eyes even though it's true.

"I'll see. I don't know when the meeting will end and I don't want to keep you up."

"I don't mind." I blurt.

He smiles. "Okay. I'll see you later."

I watch him leave before closing the door. I turn to see Trish looking at me with her eyebrows raised.

"What?" I fold my arms.

"Still trying to get used to this Reign."

"Shut up."

"No, I'm serious."

We both walk over to the couch and sit down.

"I've never seen you act like this in a relationship before." She continues.

My heart flutters at the thought of us being in an actual relationship. It still blows my mind.

"Act like what?"

"I don't know. Giddy, I guess? I mean you just finished sucking his face and you already miss him enough to want to see him again tonight?"

"First of all, don't say I was 'sucking his face' ever again. Secondly, am I being clingy? Should I have not asked him to come back?"

"No! You're in the cupcake phase. It’s okay to be like that."

"What's a 'cupcake phase'?"

"You don't…? Well, it would make sense why you wouldn't be familiar with that phase."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think you and Micah ever had it. I think you were the devoting puppy waiting for his attention whenever he gave it."