Chapter 31

Sophie's P.O.V.

"S-so... I might've... accidentally... forgotten... that... we have a car." Biana smiled sheepishly, twirling her hair. Fitz raised an accusatory eyebrow at her. 

"As in, my car?" he asked incredulously. "Biana! How do you expect us to get home?" Biana shrugged.

"We'll figure it out later. But for now, we need snacks! I already have all the pajamas in my purse, though. I figured something like this might happen..." 

"I highly doubt snacks are the most important thing right now," Fitz replied. "And why do you have pajamas in your purse?"

"First of all, snacks are very important!" Biana insisted. "And second of all, I just liked to be prepared." She tossed everyone their PJs, then went over to my pantry and started looking around for snacks. I figured she cleaned my entire apartment in 10 minutes so the least I could do was provide her with some snacks; after all, that was my specialty. 

"Wow!" Linh exclaimed as we brought all the snacks over to the living room. We had all changed by this point and I was feeling a lot better out of that uncomfortable outfit. "There are so many treats!" She immediately went for the gummy bears and started lining them up on the table. 

"Um, are you going to eat those?" Dex asked confusedly. 

"Nope!" Linh informed us. She didn't elaborate and what that meant, so Biana just moved on. 

"Okay, this activity will be..." She waited to create suspension. "A MOVIE MARATHON!" Everyone was silent for a few seconds. I thought it wasn't a bad idea, but really, it depended on the movies. 

"Which movies?" Marella asked, voicing my concern. 

"Frozen!" Linh shouted right away. Tam sighed.

"No Frozen!" he firmly declared. "We've watched that one too many times. Actually, more like a hundred too many times." Linh pouted for a split second before returning to her usual, happy self and arranging her gummy bears once more. 

"So what are we watching?" Marella asked again. 

"We should watch star wars," Dex suggested. 

"There's like a bajillion movies in that series!" Keefe exclaimed. 

"No, only 12," Dex corrected. 

"Which we don't have time for, unfortunately," Biana informed him. "We will be watching this wonderful series I found called the Hunger Games. I think it's about food." 

"Well, she's in for a treat," Fitz murmured to me. I tried not to laugh as I imagined Biana understanding what the Hunger Games was really about. 

"Um... Okay then," Marella said. "I'm always in for a little action movie." 

"Is it scary?" Linh asked, still a little preoccupied. Marella grinned evily. 

"No, not at all," she said with an innocent smile. 

"Great!" Linh exclaimed. Dex sighed.

"Linh, I really think you should know-" 

"That this movie is great," Marella interjected, glaring at Dex. "Come on, it'll be hilarious," she added quietly. 

"Or Linh will start screaming her head off," Dex mumbled, but dropped the topic. 

"Oki doke!" Biana went over to the coffee table with the snacks and moved it back until it was right in front of my couch. Then she proceeded to move the couch to the side until she could place the coffee table was right in front of the wall. She took the blankets and pillows off the couch and arranged them in a cozy way in front of the tv then took a seat. 

"Isn't this wonderful?" she asked. 

"Well... it certainly is... comfortable," I said, unsure of whether I liked the arrangement or not. But it really did look comfortable so I took a seat on one of the pillows. Fitz smiled and sat down next to me, making me blush. I supposed that kiss was daring and really unlike me, but I definitely did not regret it. 

"Alright, everyone comfortable?" Biana asked. Marella and Keefe were on the opposite side of us, at the very left, currently stacking pillows. Linh and Dex looked really cozy as Linh tossed a blanket over the two of them. Although, she might've misthrown since the blanket was now over their heads. 

"Oops!" She laughed it off and repositioned the blanket. 

"Linh is not going to enjoy this," Tam grumbled, having taken a seat next to Biana. It really wasn't a surprise though, I had definitely sensed something going on between them from the very start. 

"I am too going to enjoy this!" Linh protested. "In fact, I love movies!" 

"Yes, kids movies," Tam corrected. 

"This isn't a kids' movie?" Linh asked. 

"Well... It can be watched by certain, mature kids. But Linh, you're not exactly one of them," Tam informed her matter-of-factly. 

"But kids are wonderful!" Linh pointed out. "I wouldn't mind not being a mature one. After all, kids are supposed to be immature! A mature kid? Well, that's just an oxy." Everyone was confused for a moment before Dex's face lit up.

"Oh! An oxymoron," he explained to the rest of us. 

"Yeah, but moron is mean," Linh further explained. 

"Um, okay then..." Biana grabbed the remote and toyed around with it until she found the Hunger Games. 

"Huh. Now, how does this work...?" She clicked on the movie and was asked if she wanted to rent it. 

"Go ahead," I told her, "I'll pay for it." 

"Wow, thanks!" Biana exclaimed. She clicked on the rent button and the movie buffered for a moment before beginning. 

"Eek! It's starting!" Linh whisper-shouted, already in movie mode. I watched the tv screen as the movie began. But I had already seen it, so I didn't mind when my thoughts drifted off. Although it was less drifting off and more starting to slow down. It had been an extremely long day. But I definitely enjoyed it. Especially because I had gotten to know Fitz better - and he really was just as great as I thought he'd be. Charming, caring, smart, humble, he literally checked off all the boxes. And he was really cute which was an added bonus. But I thought I was more attracted to his personality than his looks. Sure, he was really handsome and had a dazzling smile, but it honestly paled in comparison to his personality and heart. 

And the kiss seemed pretty real, but my brain kept telling me that there was no way Fitz would be interested in me. My stupid brain was always trying to be logical when I just wanted to follow my heart. Although I suppose it was only looking out for me. I mean, the last time I followed my heart, it ended up getting broken. But maybe it would be different this time. Maybe if I followed my heart just one more time, it'd just end up getting bigger for once...