Chapter 32

Linh's P.O.V.

I honestly couldn't WAIT until this movie started. I always loved watching new movies! 

"Imagine if this is about candy!" I whispered to Dex. I figured that Biana had to be right; it was about food. And I would be fine with any kind of food, but candy would definitely be the best. 

"Linh, I seriously advise that you don't watch this," Dex murmured. Marella shushed him for some reason and Dex quieted down. 

I kept staring at the screen, but no food appeared. In fact, the setting looked so empty of life and food. It was so... sad. 

"Where's all the food?" I asked. 

"It's coming up," Marella assured me with a grin. 

"Okay then." I watched the screen for a few more seconds and saw a woman walk onto a stage wearing an extremely... large outfit. I really didn't know how else to describe it. It was pink and had large... puffs? On her shoulders? And her face was really white with some sort of powder. 

"That's a cool outfit!" I told Dex. He nodded absentmindedly. The woman now had a big bowl of little paper slips. She grabbed one out and read it aloud. 

"Who's Primrose Everdeen?" I asked Dex. "Why is everyone sad? What's happening?" 

"Um..." Dex glanced at Marella. "Well, Linh," he said in a whisper, "this actually isn't about food." 

"It isn't?" I remarked. The girl, Primrose Everdeen, I presumed, slowly started walking up to the stage. But then another girl started shouting something. 

"Volunteer?" I asked. "What is volunteering for?" 

"Uh..." Dex drifted off once more. He turned around to the table and grabbed a packet of gummy bears. "Here, eat these." 

"Oh, I would never," I said, shaking my head. "It would be like killing a real person. And imagine how terrible that would be!" Dex turned pale for some reason and threw the gummy bears back onto the table. 

"How about you go to sleep? I bet you're very tired," Dex said soothingly. 

"On the contrary, I feel like I could stay awake for hours!" I exclaimed. "I think it was that dessert at the restaurant." 

"Darn," Dex sighed. "I really shouldn't have let your order that sugar monstrosity." 

"But it was really good!" I informed him. My eyes went back to the screen. I missed part of the movie but not much. Now there was another boy on the stage who the woman called "Peeta Mellark". 

"Ooh, who's that?" I asked Dex. "Is he another volunteer? OOH! Does he fall in love with Katniss? Imagine that! How awesome would that be? But then there was that other guy! Is this a romantic movie?" 

"Of... sorts," Dex answered hesitantly. "You could consider it that..." 

"Really, Linh, enough with the questions," Tam told me. "Just don't watch the rest of the movie." 

"But then I won't know what happens!" 

"Everyone lives happily ever after," he replied bluntly. I gasped.

"How dare you spoil the ending!" I exclaimed. Although, I had to admit it was a pretty good ending. I always loved happy endings.

Tam rolled his eyes and I thought I heard him murmur something along the lines of, "Don't say I didn't warn you..." 

It was weird. Almost like everyone wanted me to not watch this movie. Except for Marella. She seemed intent that I watch the whole marathon! It was like there was this thing everyone knew about except me. But I didn't mind since I always loved surprises!

Nothing too interesting seemed to be happening right now, so I looked around the room. And for reference, Katniss and Peeta were on a train with this other guy who looked older and... Um, just older. I wouldn't want to be rude. 

Marella and Keefe were still completely engaged in the movie and looked as if they were waiting for something to happen. Biana was currently more focused on eating skittles - a newly found favorite of hers. She was also sitting quite comfortably next to Tammy, which I really, really, really, times 100, loved. It was nice to see my brother so happy... He was always so dark and gloomy, but I felt like Biana had really helped him enjoy life a little more. And that was just by spending one day with him. I couldn't imagine how much happier he'd be if they spend an entire week or month together! And then they'd start dating, and then get married, and have children, and I'd be an AUNT! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE? But I really was getting ahead of myself here. 

I looked back at the screen for a moment before turning my attention to Sophie and Fitz. There still was nothing super amazing happening yet, although I was certain it was coming up. 

Besides, Sophie and Fitz looked so cute together it was hard not to focus on them. I mainly just loved the progress they had made throughout the entire day. It really was wonderful. Then again, I thought everything was wonderful! And that was also wonderful. 

Sophie was currently asleep which wasn't surprising since she looked pretty tired when we sat down to watch the movie. I was guessing it was all the dancing and fancy clothes wearing. Although I loved doing both of those a lot. 

But what was surprising was that she had fallen asleep slightly at an angle so she was leaning a little on Fitz. It was so cute and I wanted to take a picture so I could show them on their wedding day and say, "I CALLED IT!", but I figured that'd be kind of weird. So I'd just have to settle for remembering this moment forever. Other people's happiness was way more important to me than my own. Well, I did like being happy myself, but there was something so fulfilling about seeing somebody else so happy. 

I really wished I could be like Cinderella's Fairy Godmother. That would be so amazing! To just make everyone's wishes come true. Unfortunately, Tam had informed me it was impossible for me to get that job because I wasn't old enough to be a Godmother. I didn't exactly know what that meant, but it made sense to me. 

But it wasn't like I was unhappy about it. In fact, I would just keep making wishes come true the old-fashioned way - without magic. And there really was nothing wrong with that.