Chapter 26 ~ Bye Love

Dedication: @Hazzaforest for being the first one to guess right about what's going to happen :)

_______________________________

Chapter 26 ~ Bye, Love

[Harry's POV]

It was the next day after school. Louis and I were standing at my car, his back pressed to it while I was towering over him, playing with a strand of his hair. "Do you really have to go?" I asked, pouting my lips for probably the tenth time that day, but unfortunately, they didn't make Louis change his mind and decline Luke's offer to go to the cinema.

"I don't have to, Harry, but I think it would be a great idea. It'd be good to get to know each other a little more if we want to be friends, and I think it's a great opportunity for him to prove that he can still be my friend even though he has feelings for me," he said, smiling faintly at me.

I shook my head, my eyebrows pulled into a frown. "I don't like this idea at all. I'm not trying to seem like a jealous bitch, but you have to understand this isn't easy for me. Like, that guy could jump you any second for all I know, and you wouldn't even have time to stop him."

He sighed, pushing at my chest to get me away from him. "I'm tired of having this conversation, Harry. I know Luke won't try anything with me, and even if he does, I'm going to tell him off, okay? Please trust me. I would never cheat on you. Besides, you're practically cheating on me every second by still being in a relationship with someone else," he muttered, looking down at his shoes.

I stepped forward again, placing a hand on his cheek to make him look into my eyes. "I don't want to fight with you, Louis. It's the last thing I want right now. Why don't we just do something about all this? You tell Luke off for real this time because I don't really want him to see him try to make a move on you again, and I break up with Tiffany, yeah?" I asked, trying to reason with him.

He nodded his head. "Sure, but I just think Luke should get a chance to prove himself that he can still be my friend. How about I go to this movie and we'll see what happens, yeah? If he does something he shouldn't, I'll tell him we can't be friends, and if he succeeds in keeping a distance, I'll tell him we still can. Meanwhile, you break up with Tiffany, and then hopefully everything will be okay."

Letting out a sigh, I agreed with him. I honestly didn't want him to give Luke another chance because I knew for a fact he would try something. I mean, I wasn't dumb. Anyone would make a move on the one they liked in a dark cinema. That was like an unwritten rule. You just did. "Yeah, I'll break up with Tiffany, just promise me to be careful tonight. I don't want to lose you now that I've finally got you," I muttered.

To be honest, that was my biggest fear, and probably also the reason I was being such a jealous bastard. But could you blame me? I had been together with the love of my life for one day, so losing him now was definitely something I didn't want to happen. Who knew for sure what that Luke boy had in store anyway?

"You won't lose me, Harry," he promised, leaning forward to kiss me on the lips quickly.

Looking around at our surroundings, I noticed that barely any people were here anymore. They had all probably left as quickly as possible once the last bell of the day had rung, so no one was there to witness our little moment. "See you tomorrow?" I sighed.

He nodded, a weak smile forming on his lips. "Definitely. Bye, Harry."

"Bye, love."

-----