Chapter 10 ~ You Played Well Yesterday

Dedication: Lacy, because she's literally been begging for it ;) x

_______________________________

Chapter 10 ~ You Played Well Yesterday

The next day, everybody - and I did mean everybody - was talking about the game. Not only that, but almost every girl at school was also following Louis around wherever he went. It wasn't that I minded it because Louis really did deserve all the attention that was possible to get after that game, but did they seriously have to be that clingy? It was like they were glued to his petite body.

I was currently making my way to Math class, jogging through the hallway since I was running a little late. I had stayed in the lunchroom for a little too long, just like that other time.

Once I got to the classroom, I pushed the door open and entered the room with a smile on my face. Mr. Olsen, who was sitting in the teacher's chair, raised an eyebrow at me and clenched his jaw together. "Look who we have here. Isn't it the Harry Styles who always seems to arrive late to my lessons?" His voice was so firm it could make a person cringe, I swear.

"Hello to you too, Mr. Olsen," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

When I didn't get an immediate reply, I started walking towards the back of the classroom where there was an empty seat beside a guy named Eric. I was stopped in my tracks by the still firm voice of my teacher, though. "Don't think you'll get to choose where to sit when you're this late, Mr. Styles."

I turned around, noticing everybody in the classroom was staring at me, including the gorgeous blue-eyed boy in the front who also went by the name Louis. "And why the heck not? Just because I'm five minutes late doesn't mean you can treat me any differently."

He crossed his arms over his chest, quirking the other eyebrow as well. "You want me to send you to the principal instead?" He asked smugly, already knowing my answer.

I shot him a glare, walking down the row until I was face to face with him. "Where do you want me to sit then?" I asked with a bite to my voice, feeling anger boiling up within me.

He reached up to tap his chin with his index finger a few times before replying. "Next to Mr. Tomlinson. It went quite well last time, so it wouldn't hurt if you sat beside each other again."

I could see through the corner of my eye how Louis swallowed hard, looking down at his books that were scattered on his desk. I turned back to Mr. Olsen with a frown on my face, letting out a low grunt before marching over to the feathery-haired boy.

I sat down in the chair next to him silently, not even glancing his way as I did so. Soon enough, the classroom was filled with chatter as people started to work. "Are you just going to sit there doing nothing throughout the entire lesson?" Louis murmured after fifteen minutes.

I cocked an eyebrow, looking at him in shock. Had he actually talked to me in a somewhat normal tone of voice? "Um, yes?"

He shrugged, going back to doing his work.

"You played well yesterday," I blurted, mentally smacking a hand over my mouth for saying such a stupid thing.

He looked up from his books with a surprised expression covering his features. "I um... Thank you, I guess?"

I just nodded, sinking back in my seat, splaying my arms out on the desk, and leaning my chin against them.

Once the bell rang, I sprang up from my seat and walked out of the room, waiting around the corner for a certain person to come out of the same classroom I had just been in. Seeing Louis with his books pressed to his chest walking in my direction, I decided to take the opportunity.