Chapter 8 ~ I Like Louis Okay?

Dedication: @kazzagin Thank you so much for your lovely comment! x

________________________________

Chapter 8 ~ I Like Louis, Okay?

I went over to the front door of my house and turned the knob before walking inside. Before I even had time to take off my jacket, mum came strutting into the entryway with a suspicious look on her face.

"Would you mind telling me who that was?" She asked, placing a hand on her hip.

I got rid of my outdoor clothing and went into the kitchen, sitting down at the table. "Actually, I would, mum," I replied slowly.

That surprised her because I usually told her everything, everything that didn't have to do with Louis, that was. And since this was about him, I couldn't say anything. "I beg your pardon?" She sat down across from me, raising an eyebrow.

I let out a sigh. "You heard me. I want to keep it to myself, okay?" It came out as a question but I knew if she told me it wasn't okay, I wouldn't accept it.

Mum was quiet for a while before a wide smile broke out on her face and a cheeky expression covered her features. "Does my baby boy have a girlfriend?" She beamed, clapping her hands together excitedly.

For some reason, this made me kind of upset. She knew I was bisexual, but still, she assumed I would be with a girl if I were to date someone. In these kinds of situations, all I wanted was to confess to her that I was crushing on a boy and not a girl. But, I knew that would only lead to further questions, and there was a high possibility I would say too much if so.

"No, mum," I groaned. "It was just a friend, Jesus."

I didn't know if 'friends' was the right word to describe my and Louis' relationship, but it wasn't like I could tell her the person who had dropped me off hated me.

"Oh."

"Yeah," I said, getting ready to stand up and leave the room.

"Harry, wait," mum ordered, reaching out to wrap her hand around my wrist over the table. "How was school today?"

I let out a heavy sigh, deciding to stay despite the fact she was upsetting me at the moment. Unwrapping her hand, I started thinking about everything that had happened today. How it all began with Mr. Stewart revealing my secret and ended in a tutoring session with Louis.

This reminded me of what Mr. Stewart had told me about Louis' mother bullying mine, and I couldn't help but get a little curious. I knew mum hated talking about her past, but it seemed very important since Louis might feel the way he did about me because of it. So, should I bring it up or not?

I thought for a while but came to the conclusion that no, she would come to me when she was ready... hopefully.

"Okay, I guess. Mr. Stewart just held me back to chat for a few minutes," I shrugged.

Mum furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought. "Hmm, and what did he tell you?"

"Oh, y'know? Just the ordinary and such. He wants my grades to increase."

She nodded understandingly, not seeming to notice my shifting form. I was trying my best to avoid the tutoring session, and so far, she seemed oblivious about it.

"M'kay. So, why are you late?" She looked at the clock on the wall. "It's almost six in the afternoon. School ends at half-past three."

I bit the inside of my cheek. How could I get out of this situation without her finding out that I had spent time with Louis? I had to make up something, and I had to do it quickly. "Eh, Niall wanted to hang out, so I was with him for a while." I scratched the back of my neck, trying my best to make it sound as truthful as possible.