Chapter 6 ~ You Can't Be Serious

After what seemed like a very long weekend, Monday finally came around, and I found myself sitting in English class. Niall was sitting beside me, biting his thumbnail while writing down some short story Mr. Stewart had told us to do.

As mentioned a lot of times before, I was quite shitty at reading and writing, so I wasn't exactly doing the same thing as him.

I had been offered a computer during my upbringing a lot of times - especially from Mr. Stewart, who was one of the few teachers that knew about my dyslexia, but I had never accepted the offers. There was a very high possibility people would find out about my disability if I were to ever do that, so instead, I was now trying my best to look like I was at least attempting to write something. Sometimes I really hated myself for being such a coward.

During the lesson, I kept sending Louis' back glances, secretly wanting him to turn around and look at me. He never did, though, and I would have let out a deep sigh if it weren't for Mr. Stewart who was keeping an eye on me and would most likely think I had a problem writing if I did so.

When the bell finally rang, I shut my notebook that almost didn't have any words scribbled down in it (yes, I had actually brought it today) and stood up, pushing my chair in. Niall stalked over to Zayn and Olive almost immediately, only looking back at me once as he did so. The look he gave me told me to follow him, though, so I didn't take offense.

I was just about to catch up with them at the door when a hand pulled me back, almost causing me to trip over my feet. I opened my mouth to protest, but at that moment, my eyes landed on my teacher. I closed my parted lips for a few seconds in shock before opening them again. "What do you wa-?"

He cut me off by sitting me down in a chair in front of the teacher's desk, and it wasn't until then, I noticed Liam Payne was sitting in the chair beside me. I found myself swallowing, thinking about what I had possibly done wrong.

"So," Mr. Stewart started, sitting down in his own chair. "The reason I am holding you two back is because you, Mr. Styles..." His eyes bored into mine. "Are not willing to accept our teachers' offers to give you a computer. Because of this, we have now decided to give you a tutor instead, and personally, I think you Mr. Payne, would be the perfect example."

My mouth hung open as I stared at him in shock. Was he out of his mind? How could he set me up for this without even asking me first? "You can't be serious. I'm coping perfectly fine on my own. Thank you very much."

He shook his head determinedly. "That's where you've got it wrong, young man. The thing is, it's the exact opposite. You're falling behind more now than ever, and I suppose one of the reasons is because you never even bring your books to class," Mr. Stewart said sternly, making me tense for a second, but only for a second.

I raised my notebook in the air, pointing at it for more effect. "And what's this to you then?" I tossed it on the desk, remembering when it was already too late that I had barely anything written in it. Shit.

Before I could take it back, he grabbed it and started scrolling through the pages with an evident frown between his eyebrows. "Is this what you wrote today?" He showed me a page where I had scribbled down the following sentence:

I dont giv a fuk about this stupid clas.

I didn't answer him but looked down at my lap as I heard a muffled snicker beside me. Without turning to the source of it, I let out a grunt. "If you ever mention this to anyone, I'm going to rip your head off. Understood?"