Chapter 21 ~ He Really Does Hate Me

Dedication: @larrymepls because I love you, Lace :*

_________________________________

Chapter 21 ~ He Really Does Hate Me

[Harry's POV]

"You were right," I said with no emotion, staring ahead of me as I walked to English with Zayn just a few minutes after I had witnessed Louis breaking up with Eleanor.

"Huh?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he glanced at me in confusion.

"He really does hate me."

"You mean Louis?" He asked confusedly.

"Yes, of course I mean Louis, you idiot. Who else would I be talking about?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

Zayn let out a soft chuckle. "Well, you just admitted the only one you're talking about is Louis, and there's no need to try to deny it because we both know it's true. However, what makes you think he actually does hate you, after all? I thought you said you had a plan?"

I looked down at the floor, kicking an invisible pebble sadly. "I did have a plan, but it crashed once Louis decided to hurt my feelings... twice in a row. Well, he barely got a chance the second time. I stopped him right before he could, but it still hurt because I could foresee what he was about to do," I explained, noticing we were now in front of the classroom door. With Zayn following behind me quietly, I stepped into the familiar room and sat down at an empty desk with him beside me.

"So what you're saying is that something happened and that made you realize he doesn't like you?" He asked slowly, trying to process what I was saying.

"Exactly."

"Then what the hell happened? As far as I know, you were pretty damn sure he had at least some kind of feelings for you."

I opened my mouth to start explaining when Mr. Stewart spoke up; "Your essay is due today, so I'd like you to hand it in at the end of the lesson. Otherwise, you'll get a straight F."

He was well known for being a firm teacher, and I actually liked that characteristic about him, even though I had been a badass for most of my life and, therefore, shouldn't do it. But, I was changing into a better person now anyway, so I guess it didn't really matter anymore.

"Tell me after class," Zayn whispered in my ear, to which I nodded my head.

Thankfully, Louis and I were finished with our essay, so at the end of the lesson, I handed it in. Most of the students did it together in their pairs, but since Louis had left early, I had to do it on my own. Not that I minded because if there was someone I didn't want to talk to or be near at the moment, it was him.

Mr. Stewart gave me a nod when I handed him our work, the corners of his lips twitching up in a smile as he placed it on the pile of the other essays. When I finally exited the classroom, Zayn was at me in an instant. "So, what were you saying earlier? What happened between the two of you?"

I ran a hand through my curls, holding my books with the other. "Remember when he pulled me away from Liam at Martin's party?" Zayn nodded, so I continued. "Well, he pulled me to the bathroom and uh... kissed me," I explained.

Glancing at Zayn, I noticed he was so shocked at my words that he couldn't form any words. "He... he what?"

I grimaced, biting down on my bottom lip. "He kissed me but regretted it afterward and left me in there."