Chapter 15 ~ I Miss You

Dedication: @Larryfeels_1D because she's read almost all of my stories, and I love her .x

I'm sorry, this chapter isn't edited. Lacy has a lot of things going on right now, so please excuse me for the mistakes :(

____________________________

Chapter 15 ~ I Miss You

[Louis' POV]

What the hell did Harry mean by that? I wasn't living in a lie because I didn't like him. I liked Eleanor, so that was why I was dating her... Or, that was at least what I was trying to tell myself, at least. She was nice and beautiful, so how could I possibly not like her? The only problem was that there was a resistance within me that downright refused to let me like her as more than possibly a friend.

I was thinking about this while sitting in second period, having arrived a little late since I'd had that argument with Harry for a little too long. A guy on the basketball team was sitting beside me, Martin. He was probably the only lad out of the twelve of them/us that I liked and got along with. We had similar thoughts on life and on what we wanted to do once we got out of school. I wanted to become a drama teacher while he wanted to become a Physical Education teacher.

"You coming to practice today?" He asked while writing in his notebook.

I glanced at the side of his head and nodded despite the fact he couldn't see me. "Yeah, don't wanna miss a practice now that there's an important game this weekend."

Not that I would have skipped practice anyway. I loved playing basketball. It was the only thing that could make all these thoughts about Harry that I had these days go away. When I was out on the court, all I did was to focus on the game, nothing else.

"Right. I wonder what's going to happen when Sean gets back on his feet. Who do you think Coach is going to kick from the start five, considering it's obviously not going to be you?" He asked, turning to me so I could see him smiling.

I laughed lightly, looking down at the desk while shaking my head. I hated bragging about myself, so instead of saying something like 'I know right? I've been playing well ever since the first game I participated in, haven't I?', I settled for a smile. "I don't know. I think we all play pretty well. It's going to be a tough decision for Coach."

Martin nodded in agreement, going back to writing on the essay that was due tomorrow. My own essay was pretty far from being finished, so for the rest of the lesson, I wrote as fast as possible so I really could go to practice after school, just as I had told Martin I would.

When the bell finally rang, I got up from my seat and headed out of the room with quick strides. Martin was walking right behind me, trying to keep up with my fast speed. "Hey, Lou. Why are you in such a hurry? Third period doesn't start yet in another ten minutes."

I shrugged because I didn't really have an answer. I just wanted to get out of the classroom as quickly as possible. Was that weird? "I just wanted to get out of there, is all."

He caught up with me and raised an eyebrow before nodding his head. "Okay... Anyway, do you want to come to my place on Friday? I'm throwing a party," he asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

I tapped my index finger against my chin a few times, thinking it over. I didn't have any plans, and the game was on Sunday so I didn't have to worry about the hangover. It wouldn't hurt to party a little now, would it? "What people are invited?"