Chapter 7 ~ I'm Uh... I'm Dyslexic

Dedication: @1D_Miro_Wael Thank you so much for your comment .xx

_______________________________

Chapter 7 ~ I'm Uh... I'm Dyslexic

Niall didn't seem to notice the slip-up, which was something I was thankful for. The last thing I needed right now was someone throwing questions at me and asking why I didn't want Louis to hate me when I was supposed to have something against him.

If he did notice it, he didn't say anything about it.

The school day soon came to an end and I hadn't talked to Louis once. I had seen him in Science and Maths, but he never caught my eye whenever I looked at him. I wondered whether Liam had told him about the tutoring session and my secret (that wasn't a secret anymore) or not. Since Mr. Stewart had ordered Liam to talk to Louis right away, I assumed he had at least told him about the prior.

I had just exited school when I caught sight of a black Porsche in the parking lot. It wasn't the fact that it was the particular car that made me stare, but the fact that Louis was leaning against it with a brown-haired girl standing a few feet away from him with her back facing me.

Trying to control the jealousy that all of a sudden flared up in me, I clenched my fists at my sides. Why did this seen to happen more often nowadays?

A plan slowly started forming in my head, and before I knew it, I was walking over to them.

"Ah, Louis! Nice to see ya, man." I smiled widely as I wrapped an arm around his shoulders, pulling him against my side.

The girl's eyes (that I could now see were Eleanor's) widened in what looked like shock, but she quickly composed herself. "Oh, hi Harry," she grinned, her gaze landing on me.

I rolled my eyes, turning to Louis who was now glaring at me with gritted teeth. "What on earth do you think you're doing?" He hissed only so I could hear.

"I'm just saying hello to my friend. What's wrong with that?" I, unlike Louis, decided to keep my voice loud enough so that Eleanor could hear what I was saying.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because we aren't friends?"

I rolled my eyes again, ruffling Louis' feathery hair. "Don't be silly, Louis. Do you not remember how we've been friends since kindergarten?"

He swallowed hard, averting his gaze from me to look at Eleanor. "I'm so sorry about this. Maybe we could talk over dinner or something tonight instead?" He apologized, making me harden my grip on his shoulder.

I pinched him discreetly, giving him a dark look. He let out a wince but remained his eyes on Eleanor and acted as if nothing had happened.

"That sounds lovely. Pick me up at five?" Eleanor beamed, seeming a little too excited if you asked me.

"Perfe–"

I cut Louis off by placing a hand over his mouth. "I'm sorry, Eleanor, but Louis can't go out tonight. In case you didn't know, he's helping me with an assignment in English, an order from our teacher." I smiled sweetly.

She raised her brows at me. "Oh, alright. Maybe another day then," she grimaced, turning on her heel to walk away from us.

When she was gone, I became very aware of the tight grip on my hip. I turned to my left only to face an angry looking Louis, his eyes boring into mine. "What the fuck was that? Just because you have a silly crush on me doesn't mean you can go and cancel my dates without my permission."