Chapter 9 ~ Wanna Come With Me To The Basketball Game?

Dedication: @jennmuniz. Thank you for the comment, it meant a lot to me :)

___________________________________

Chapter 9 ~ Wanna Come With Me To The Basketball Game?

It had been a week since I told Zayn I liked Louis, and surprisingly, he had taken it very well. He would even go around and nudge me in the side whenever he caught sight of the blue-eyed boy just to tell me he was there. Okay, maybe he teased me about it more often than he supported me, but honestly, I hadn't expected any different.

Zayn was Zayn after all.

However, I really appreciated the fact that he hadn't told anyone, not even Niall or Olivia. I was still a little insecure about it and didn't want too many people to find out I was crushing on a boy. No, I wasn't embarrassed. I just couldn't help but wonder what my life would be like if I were to ever come out. Would I get bullied? Would I get beaten up every day?

So, I guess you could say I was scared of what everyone's reaction would be.

"Hey, mate. Wanna come with me to the basketball game today?" Niall asked me in History, the second period of the day.

I shrugged, thinking about the driving test I had today at four. "What time is it?"

He looked down at his phone, scrolling through messages he'd sent to someone. "Um, at six. Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes trailing back up to meet mine.

"I have a driving test today at four, but I'm pretty sure I can make it," I smiled half-heartedly because I wasn't into basketball very much... not at all actually, but I enjoyed spending some time with my best friend.

"Oh, have you studied enough for this one? I seriously don't want to experience another morning with a grumpy Harry," he chuckled, referring to the last time I had done the test and failed, which was only a few weeks ago.

"Nah, I think I'm more prepared this time," I smirked, nudging his side jokingly, causing him to let out another fit of chuckles.

"Whatever you say."

The bell rang a few minutes later. I got up from my seat and walked out of the room with Niall. Once we reached our lockers, I heard giggles coming from across the hallway that caught my attention. Slowly turning to the sound, I was soon met with a sight I would never want to see again.

Eleanor was pressed against the wall of lockers with Louis' arms wrapped around her waist. She was playing with his glasses, pushing them up and down his nose.

I seriously wanted to vomit right then and there. It was just so disgusting. Was disgusting even the right word? It was sickening.

Turning back to my locker, I unlocked it and pulled out my science books in frustration.

"What's up with you, man?" Niall asked as I slammed it shut again.

I shrugged my shoulders, avoiding his intense gaze. "Nothing. I just figured we had Biology now and I really don't wanna face Mr. Davis." I muttered, lying through my teeth.

Well, it wasn't like I liked Mr. Davis (he was known for scolding his students), but I wasn't exactly frustrated because of him.

"Wow." Niall shook his head, shutting his locker and walking off towards our classroom. "He's not even that bad," he said as I caught up with him.