Chapter 2 ~ You're Getting On My Nerves

Zayn, Niall, Olivia, and I were walking to the lunchroom in a comfortable silence later that day. We didn't have much to talk about seeing as this day had been as normal as ever so far. Louis had been a bit of a pain in the ass as usual, but I knew my feelings for him would never change since they hadn't done so in 13 years. He had given me these looks that I was sure could kill if he really wanted to, but I still had a feeling he didn't.

"Harry, someone's staring at you," Niall said in a teasing tone as we were all sitting around a table with our food in front of us.

I flicked my eyes to him, raising an eyebrow. He nodded discreetly towards the direction of the table beside us, glancing at a girl named Tiffany who was in fact staring at me. I tried not to show my disappointment, forcing a smile on my face. I wanted it to be Louis, but then again, why would he look at me willingly?

Before looking away, I flashed her a smile, and I could see her face lit up as she tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. Trying not to grimace, I ran a hand through my curls.

"She obviously likes you, mate. She's been checking you out for weeks now," Zayn said, shaking his head in amusement.

I shrugged. "Too bad I don't date people then," I said simply, picking up my cheese sandwich from the plate and taking a bite of it.

"Yeah, I almost feel sorry for her. But hey, that doesn't mean you can't hook up with her, does it?" Niall chuckled, hitting me on the shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "Not to be mean or anything, but she's just not my type. I don't like people who give off the vibe that they're the best thing existing in the world. I like people who don't care about anything or anyone and just are themselves, I guess." I bit the inside of my cheek, pleading I didn't give out too much information.

All three of them looked at me in surprise, their eyes widened. I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly as I looked down at the table. When I thought about the words I had just said, it was obvious that Louis was the perfect example of this person, but I hoped it wasn't as obvious to them. Otherwise, I would be dead within the next few minutes.

"Wait, you're telling the truth?" Olivia asked, still seeming surprised.

I looked up at her, forcing a small smile on my lips. "Of course, why would I lie?"

"It's just..." She trailed off, looking at Niall and Zayn for help.

"We didn't..." Niall added.

"Think you were the kind of guy who actually cared about that... stuff?" Zayn finished.

I furrowed my eyebrows, avoiding their gazes. "Why wouldn't I? Just because I don't care about school and usually play everything off as a joke, it doesn't mean I have to like everyone who walks the earth, right?" I huffed.

"No, of course not," Zayn said quickly. "We just thought since you tend to hit up different girls that you didn't care about what they... were like."

The frown on my face only deepened at his words. I knew he was right. I did hit up different girls, but that was mostly just to hide my sexuality. I didn't usually put too much thought into the girl's personality when it came to that, but I had always had this idea in my head about what I liked in a person.

I let out a deep sigh. "You're right. I just... I don't know. I uh, I don't usually put too much thought into personalities when it's just for fun, but in the long run, I've always wanted someone who doesn't give too much about stuff."

They just shrugged their shoulders, probably still a bit shocked by my confession. We decided to drop the subject after that, though, and started talking about other things instead, like this huge party a boy on the basketball team was throwing on Friday.