Snow drop part 3

David's PoV:

In the morning I met up with the water slayer so we could go to the mission board together, it was quite a chilly day but I'm not complaining I love the cold. I left Plant in good care, that good care being Kit because everyone else on this island apart from me and the guild leaders well more like just me and Brandon is irresponsible. Even Raindrop.

When we got to the mission board I quickly picked up the quest then me and Lucas brought it to the guild leaders.

"Hey Brandon, Hey Ritchie." Boat greeted.
"Hello Lucas, David. To what do we owe he pleasure?" Ritchie asked ushering them in as to not let warmth escape the room.
I place the paper on their desk, "We would like to go on a quest."
"Alright." Brandon sighed the quest off when o went to grab it he pulled it away from me and whispered, "keep an eye on Lucas the temperatures said to drop to sub-zero later today." I nodded and walked over to Lucas and Ritchie who I noticed where having a small conversation of their own.

You might be wondering why this is such a large concern and the answer to that is.

~~~~~Flash Back~~~~~~~

"God it's freezing." Mario said and he rubbed his too hands together. All of us where in the main hall and everyone was being over dramatic about the weather. It was announced that today was the coldest day of the year so I was having a great time.
"I don't know what your talking about this is the best weather we've had in a good long while." I say stretching my arms.
"Of course you'd think that." Brandon squint at me.
I continued our conversation for a while before Brandon said, "I've had enough of you." He shoos me away, "go check on Boat."
"What's up with Boat?" I asked,
Brandon face palm "He's a water slayer."
Mario chimed into the conversation, "whats that got to do with anything?"
Brandon shuck his head at the both of us in disappointment, "his body can't survive in sub-zero temperatures for long."
"What?!" I shouted "Since when?!"
"Since he was board idiot." Brandon responds.
"Why didn't he tell me?!" I yell
"It's common logic David." Brandon calmly responds.
"Clearly not since I didn't know about it!" I argue.
"Just go check." Brandon's voice was a bit more forceful so I gave in, I also did want to make sure my bro was okay.
"Fine!"

I walk out the room and begin my search for Lucas. My thoughts where getting the better of me...
"Why did he never tell me he has a server weakness to the cold?"
"Does this mean he's like me where he can't survive in places that are at boiling temperatures?"
"What if I'm too late and he's already frozen?"
That last thought made my legs pick up speed as I begin to run around searching for him.

I find him in the place that he would normally be. He was in his house. I feel really dumb for not looking here first.

"Hey Boat." I say coming in.
"SHUT THE DOOR JESUS!" He startles me.
Lucas never yells... Well not unless he's socked but apart form that it's very rare.
"Yeah yeah I know." I say quickly closing the door behind me.
I walk over to him and give him my Jacket.
"What's this for?" He asks snugging into it.
"It's to make sure you don't turn into a popsicle."
(PipsiCAL 😂 sorry not sorry)
We spend the remaining hours of sun light staying warm and there where multiple times where I had to adjust make the air around Lucas less cold because his moments slowed and he was shivering a lot more than usual.

~~~~~Flash back over~~~~~

"I'm going to try describing some more description let me know if you prefer it."
The trees towered above the two S-rank mages as they wondered along the dirt track. The devil slayer was reading a small map as the god slayer had a book in his hands re-reading the details to insure they heading to the right village.
There task was simple it was to escort a team who where travelling with a very important artefact. This would usually be a mission for B-rank sometimes even A-rank but this is a very special occasion. You see this artefact is also a key. A key for a seal which has a very dangerous Demon locked behind. So NO errors can afford to be made.

"We're getting close." David said, walking around a corner to reaves the village lying in wait.
The most noticeable building was the large clock tower (like Big Ben) that seemed to look over the hole village with a long path leading up to it.

David and Boat where greeted by what they assumed was the village head.

"Hello you must be the 2 s-class wizards we requested, my name is Dasher pleased to meet you." The old man said confirming their assumptions.

David clearers his thought before announcing himself with Lucas add on a much calmer greeting in comparison.

The village head showed to two slayers the way to the very precious and very valuable ornament. The ornament looked like a large demon horn. It was a unique shape, it was a spiralled into its self with black and red stripes on it.
"This magnificent artefact has been handed down from generations to generation, don't let its beauty fool you though it is very dangerous with a dreaded beast Sealed inside of it." The man placed a hand on the horn and told one of the soldiers to get a special book which had many incarnations of all sort in.
"No need to worry me and Puddle boy over here have experience with this kind of this." David announces.
"We do?" Boat whispers to David.
"Well you have experience with seals and I have experience with demons so technically we do." David whispers back before once again clearing his thought and asking when they shall be setting off.
"We'll be setting off at sundown." Another man stepped forward to say.
"You are?" Boat asked.
"I'm the leader of the escort team. Names Joe." The newly self-presented Joe revealed.
"Well it's nice to meet you Joe, I'm Lucas but people call me Boat and this is David." Lucas friendly smiles as he introduces the two.
"Yeah I didn't need to know." The Captain sassily replied.
"Okay then..." Boat trailed off in attempts to shut down the conversation.
"What's that suppose to me?" The man crosses his arms.
"Mm?" Lucas made no attempt to hide his confusion.
"What was with that pathetic response."
"I don't understand?"
"Dasher if these guys can't even take someone being rude in a conversation then what help are they going to be?"
"whoa! whoa! My bro over her was trying to be nice." David defended, "besides I wouldn't piss him off if I where you. You wouldn't want to make her angry."
"What his girlfriend or something." Joe rolled his eyes.
"I was talking about the god that's inside him body but sure that to." Lucas immediately punched David's arm and told him to hold his tongue. He sighs and apologises for David's action, then reassures the village head and the team that Gallron will not be causing any issues.

After a little more conversation the adventure begins.