Crisis in Three-Month Relationship

Hey, guys! I hope that you're all doing well! I've been okay, a bit lost with life and stuff, but it's all okay. Writing has certainly helped me out, I guess. But that's not important, what is important is me updating these chapters! So now it's another chapter of this fanfiction! I hope that you guys like it!

ΨΨΨ

DURING A BREAK IN BETWEEN CLASSES, THE students were gossiping with each other. The boys grouped up with each other and talked about their interactions with girls or their exes while the girls gossiped about their past relationships. One boy asked his friend, "Did you break up with Minako?"

The boy shushed him, "You are too loud."

"You're single again." A different boy laughed slightly.

His other friend jested, "Welcome back."

A girl across the class scoffed as she talked with her own friends, "My ex-boyfriend was too jealous."

Kusuo grunted as he and Akari listened to the chatter of their classmates. The pair were trying to ignore their conversations about such trivial things as relationships. "Good grief. It is the season of breakups." It's true, it seemed like exactly after three months, some relationships start to deteriorate and end. And it was now that time of year.

Akari glanced around the room in a bit of annoyance and uninterest, 'I know relationships don't always last, but why is it always three months?' She has no idea what it's like to be in a relationship, and the ones that she's seen of her parents and the Saikis are a bit extreme in some cases. Really they're examples of true love. Something that teenagers might not find on the first try. Though who knows. Akari and Kusuo sure have stuck around each other long enough, right? Though what does that have anything to do with true love? Ha ha ha.... ha.

"I don't understand the excitement." He commented as he could feel the intense stare burning on the side of his face, "I don't understand Yumehara. Chiyo Yumehara." Said girl was staring at the psychic in the same love-sick manner that she had done about three months prior. Her rosy cheeks and half-lidded eyes were pinpointing Kusuo in his spot as she sighed dreamily, no doubt daydreaming about him. She obviously couldn't see Akari, despite the shadow-manipulator sitting right beside him on his desk. "I don't know what's gotten into her, but she grew feelings for me." Now a quick flashback to a few chapters ago when Yumehara was trying to talk with him. Along with how each attempt was foiled by either Kusuo or Akari. "She has tried to approach me. We have managed to block each attempt. I thought she gave up and dated another boy." Apparently, she then thought about what Kusuo was like, which was completely wrong. Kusuo scowled as he heard her thoughts, "Get your eyes checked."

'It's quite strange to me how she can like you even though the image that she has of you is completely wrong.' Akari thought. She's never had a crush, so perhaps she doesn't understand it completely. However, she does know that whatever fantasy Yumehara has of Kusuo is completely distorted. He told her what he's seen in Yumehara's thoughts, and honestly, she laughed a bit at it. Yumehara has never really even spoken to Kusuo, so how could she say that she has a crush on him when she doesn't actually know what he's like? Sure, she knows people can grow feelings towards someone just based on looks, so perhaps that's what Yumehara has done. Akari can't say for sure, she's not the mind reader. Though Akari couldn't really blame her if that's the case.

Oh~ Akari~, where did that come from? Huh, huh?

"I see, the season of breakups is coming for her," Kusuo commented with a roll of his eyes, breaking Akari out of that train of thought. He sighed heavily, hearing all of the grievances that she has with her boyfriend. "Good grief. I don't care about the romance of others. But if they break up, she will start bothering me again. It can't be helped. I will become the shelter protecting their love umbrella."