The Powers of a Shadow

A/N: Here I am, finally with a chapter. It's quite short, but it's the best that I can do at the moment. Second semester literally just started up, yay! :| It's certainly a bit better to handle since I've already been through one semester, so I have a bit of an understanding of what to do now. Not only that, but I've also started working on two side projects. One is my small Etsy shop, which I am quite proud of. Second is that I'm working on writing my own novel. Technically I've been working on it for over a year now, but I took a break towards the end of my senior year. If you've been reading my stuff for a while, then you might know that. Though my inconsistent uploads is obviously not something new! So nothing out of the ordinary! Anyway, I hope that this chapter is okay. It's yet another original chapter for this fanfiction, so I think I did pretty okay with it!

ΨΨΨ

ONCE AGAIN, IT WAS A YET ANOTHER miserable start to Akari's day. Though that wasn't new. She found every start to her day to be miserable, with a minuscule amount being slightly okay. Akari had been woken up by her brother, who decided it was a good idea to jump on her while she was asleep. Hopefully, he'll learn not to do something like that again now that he was hanging upside-down by his ankles in the hallway. The black tendril hung from the ceiling holding the poor shouting teen in a sort of upside-down time out. Akari saw that as the perfect punishment for her little brother, maybe he'll think twice about bothering her so dramatically, especially in the morning. However, he probably wouldn't heed this warning. Considering he had done this multiple times and been punished just as many times for it. He truly is an annoying little brother at times.

Running her hand through her inky hair, Akari yawned and gracefully climbed out of the tangle of blankets and stretched. Her bones gave out a few satisfying cracks as she quickly made her bed at least somewhat presentable. Though it's not like anyone can see it, considering it was still so dark in the room. However, just as she finished making her bed, which was basically just throwing her duvet over it unceremonially, she spied something over her shoulder.

That something is you.

Her yellow eyes pinpointed you with a disgruntled look. "Should I even question why you're here?" She didn't get a reply, since you can speak to her directly through this fanfiction, but she at least thought you were shaking your head. She clicked her tongue, "whatever, you do know it's quite creepy to be here, right?" Akari narrowed her eyes, "Were you watching me sleep? You really are weird."

Though she brushed it off and started to collect her things for the day. After making sure that she had her school bag together and found her uniform, she used the shadows to completely envelop you. Ultimately blindfolding you with the darkness while she ruffled around her clothes. Finally, things became a little less dark as the shadows retreated from your face. Akari was now wearing her P.K. uniform instead of her long black sleeve shirt, and pajama bottoms. She stared at you, "I wasn't going to let you watch me change, you pervert. Why are you even here?" She contemplated why you were there for a moment since there wasn't an episode to write about at the moment. Though she clicked her fingers once she thought of something.

"Oh, I see. You must be wondering what my abilities are exactly." She tapped her chin in contemplation, "I guess MJ hasn't really explained what I can do clearly. Though if she has, good job to her, first thing she's done right in a long time. Anyway, I guess I can spend a few minutes explaining things." She sat down on her bed and shrugged her shoulders. "Saves me from having to do it later. It'll have to be quick though, I've got to get to school soon." Akari took a breath, ready to start her slightly long explanation on everything. She held up three fingers, "There are really only three abilities that I have. An obvious ability that I think all of you can understand; Shadow Manipulation. I can move shadows and make them do what I like, pretty self-explanatory."