A New School Term Starts! The Melancholy of Nendou

A/N: I have an update today! Yay! I'm happy with myself for writing this all up last night. Do I ever sleep anymore? Nah, who needs sleep? Sleep is overrated! Things have been stressful these last few weeks, but I'm glad that I can use writing as a way to escape it. I have a love-hate relationship with college right now, let's hope I can survive this semester :) Anyway, hope that this chapter is good! Enjoy!

ΨΨΨ

AKARI WASN'T THAT HAPPY SINCE NOW THAT their school break came to an end, and now she had to go back to that annoying place. She didn't miss the gossip, bullies, or idiots that she had to see every day. Sure there were some good parts of school, but those were outweighed by everything else that gave her a headache. Her best friend also wasn't that happy with it either. He stood next to her glaring at their academy with his eyes filled with irritation.

'A new semester starts today.' Kusuo mentally sighed, 'I have to see them again.'

Akari bumped his shoulder with her own in a way to lift up his spirits. Though both of them were going to need some cheering up. Considering they both disliked school, they both weren't looking forward to actually going. However, they have no choice and Akari is going to try and make the best of their situation. 'Come on, it's not that bad, Ku-kun.'

Kusuo just looked down at her through his green-tinted glasses boredly. However, even if he looked unaffected by her words, deep down, I think we all know that isn't true. No matter how much he would want to hide it, but he appreciated Akari's attempts. She is the upside to his day. Well, she's the upside to everything for him, for the most part. Kusuo doesn't do emotions, as we all know. So even he doesn't necessarily know what he categorizes Akari as or why he reacts certain ways around her. I mean, we can all make a pretty educated guess about what it is. Though it wouldn't be a good fanfiction if we didn't have some good slow-burn romance, am I right?

Kusuo rolled his eyes, 'let's go.'

The duo headed into the building and readied themselves for the day. After exchanging their shoes, Akari and Kusuo finally made it into their classroom. Their teacher had yet to come in so everyone was excitedly talking with each other about their breaks. The girls gossiped with each other, the boys boasted about the cool things they did, and Akari and Kusuo sat quietly at Kusuo's desk. Akari gracefully sat on top of his desk while twirling her long black hair with her fingers. As they waited for class to start, they listened in on the not-so-quiet conversations between their classmates.

A few students walked up to the class representative, who looked noticeable different from how he looked before the break, "Hairo, you're so tanned."

"I was a volunteer lifeguard at the beach," He explained with a toothy smile.

"Amazing!" A forgettable student exclaimed at the unrest that their class representative had. They all knew that Hairo wouldn't take any sort of break during their break. He is always up and about, a busy-body. Honestly, it's a bit admirable yet terrifying how firey he actually is.

At the other end of the classroom, there were a plethora of boys surrounding the perfect pretty girl like starved animals. It appears that after even a short time away from their Goddess, they were in desperate need to be even within a few feet of Teruhashi. Simps.

They were firing questions at her from left and right, "Did you meet someone special?"

"Really Teruhashi?" An unimportant boy asked urgently.

A different, nameless student jumped, "Who?"

The blue-haired beauty looked away bashfully with pink cheeks, "We met during the break." In her mind, she was thinking of the pink-haired psychic himself. Which annoyed Kusuo to no end, to have to listen to her go on about how she knew that there was no way he could have just seen her as an illusion or vice versa. Akari noticed his plight and placed a hand on his head to pat down his hair in a comforting gesture. Akari knew that he isn't usually one for physical touch, and she respects his wishes to not be touched. However, from time to time, she provided minimal contact with him for a few reasons. Comforting him is one of those reasons. Teruhashi raised a finger confidently, "I believe the date was August 6th."