Shun Kaido, AKA The Jet-Black Wings

A/N: Heeey, how are you? I'm doing great, finally settled into my classes after nearly a full week. I've only got two in-person classes which is fine, but I'd rather have full online. But it's whatever. Once again, I have no other chapters for other stories written out. So many of them are like halfway done but still so far from being done. I can't write out as much as I'd like considering now I have some responsibilities to focus more on. So from here on out, updates on everything will be completely sporadic, if you haven't noticed already. Hopefully, things can get back under control once the semester is over or at least halfway over. Anyway, here's another chapter! Hope you guys like it!

ΨΨΨ

WALKING TO SCHOOL IN THE MORNING WAS a tad bit more annoying than usual which was due to the fact that a blue-haired, eighth grad minded boy had joined the pair of superpowered teens on their walk. Unfortunately, there was another weirdo who had latched themselves onto Kusuo and, by association, Akari. Unlike Nendo, Kaido Shun wasn't completely stupid which meant that Kusuo could read his thoughts, which he wished wasn't true. All Kaido ever thinks about is how he's the "Jet-Black Wings" and about the Dark Reunion, an evil organization after him. It was extremely annoying.

Akari didn't mind Kaido all that much, as long as he didn't go on and on about his secret power and his destiny. He was tolerable to a degree. Though he was just like everyone else who never noticed her and mistook her for a shadow. However, she did find amusement from his reaction to when he did notice. She found it quite cute.

Now, Akari sat in her seat all the way in the back of the classroom, completely unseen by just about everyone, including the teacher. It was in the corner of the class almost completely in the shadows which Akari appreciated so much. No one bothered her when she wanted to take a nap in the back of the class or if she was annoyed. It was a little piece of paradise for her. Something that Kusuo envied quite a bit.

"Hey did you hear the news?" An unnamed male student asked grabbing Kaido's attention from across the room. "A poisonous snake is on the loose!"

Another student, a boy with boring brown hair gasped, "Seriously? That's so dangerous!"

"Are you sure it's loose?" Kaido walked up to them, as cooly as he could with his school jacket around his shoulders like a cape. He had a faux scense of confidence around him that only ever comes out when he acts as his hero persona, Jet-Black Wings. His fantasy went as far as him wrapping up both of his arms every day in red bandages to "keep his powers from overtaking him" or something silly like that. The mind of an eighth-grader, I'm telling you. "Sounds like another Dark Reunion's lie. But they can't fool the Jet-Black Wings! Someone must have released that snake!"

"Wait a minute!" A third unnamed and unimportant student shouted, "You know who did this?"

"Did this Jet-Black Wings dude do it?" The other boy asked in confusion.

"No!" Kaido called out, "I'm the Jet-Black Wings! A secret society called the Dark Reunion is behind it! And this is the first step in their Human Sorting Plan!"

'Dark Reunion!' The other students thought to themselves in shock before rolling their eyes and walking away from the self-proclaimed superhero. 'Never heard of them. What a waste of time.'

Kaido just scoffed lightly at their dismissal of the dangerous secret society. He slides over to Kusuo with his arms crossed, trying to pretend like he wasn't upset at the other students ignoring him. "I guess it's up to us superheroes. Right, Saiki?"

'Whatever.' Kusuo rolled his eyes, 'Of course, he doesn't know I'm actually a psychic. It's all just part of his fantasy.'

'At least he can talk to you,' Akari huffed and pushed some of her hair out of her vibrant eyes while still sitting at her desk across the room. She gazed at the pair with a small bored uptick of her lips. 'He can barely even form a sentence when he does notice me.' Akari doesn't like having attention on her, though there are times that she would like to be treated as a normal person. A simple "hello" or "how are you?" from someone could go a long way. The only ones who do that are the Saikis, her own family, and Nendo, which is nice and all, but she would like to have someone other than them acknowledge her without her having to go out of her way to get them to see her. Though when Kaido does see her, he is unable to speak to girls and it is so painful at times. However, Akari found it entertaining and cute at times.