Chapter 8

Eunwoo did not speak but off the engine.

Lia hugging the computer bag hurriedly followed. As his assistant, she still has some contracts to discuss with big brother to follow up about work. Cannot just go back to her parents’ home.

In the eyes of the world, Eunwoo’s career is the big and small investments. Eunwoo did not set up any company. So, big brother usually works at home. There are several foreign partners that are also highly professional, well-connected and trustworthy lawyers and accountants. And as his assistant, she is also big brother’s external contract contacts.

Lia looked at her watch. It is six o’clock in the evening. She hopes that aunty has got dinner ready. She is very hungry. Fortunately, aunty also help to prepare dinner in big brother’s home. Like Sister Lisa, this is arranged by mother. If not, her brother whom is living alone might even eat instant noodle for a month without any care.

Getting out of the car, Lia realised that Sister Lisa’s car is parked in big brother’s other parking space.

"Is sister Lisa still around?" Today is Monday. It is the day where she comes to big brother’s house but she usually leaves before five o’clock.

Suddenly, Lia thought of something. Just now, brother did not immediate get out of the car is because he was staring at sister’s car in a daze, right? Oh, he so cares about the Toyota Yaris is it? Poor big brother’s Maserati huh.

Big brother is not a warm person. He is always cold towards things but as long as the matter is related to sister Lisa, big brother seems to show some feelings oh! For example, arranging courses with the Art University, he tried to avoid Monday, March 15 afternoon. Big brother also went online to buy a pair of powerful non-slip indoor slippers for her.

Someone got the ancient artefacts to go online shopping. And some more to buy an indoor slipper!

And during the Cold War, the quality of her brother’s work had plummeted. He could not understand the reason for her being angry at him and was deeply unhappy that the afternoon tea inexplicably being cancelled. Therefore, she recently observed that he has moved his work from the study to the living room. On top of that, he was not reading the ancient books that he is always fascinated with. Instead for a few days in a row, he will suddenly go to the convenience store to buy milk and red bean bread. This is a miracle for big brother!

But these actions by big brother will move Sister Lisa’s heart? Um…. But it seems that it is not enough. That kind of care from the man towards a woman will not spark anything. She had secretly observed for a long time. It is too frustrating to explain to big brother that Sister Lisa brings fun and liveliness to the quiet and cold house that is surrounded by pile of antiques.

The care for sister Lisa seems to be just like how one will buy accessories for the pets. Just like how owners buy dogs clothing, bring them for grooming etc… nothing special.

To put it bluntly, these two gives her the impression that both are beautiful and pleasant people that are quiet. Both complement each other’s deficiencies but not much of a pink bubble between them.

Lia is curious about the progress of the cold war. However, because she was out for a meeting in the afternoon, so she thought that by the time they are home, sister Lisa would have left. Did not expect that she will still be at home!

They took the elevator to the eighth floor. They open the door and the air with a touch of food fragrance gushed out. Both brother and sister invariably walked toward the kitchen thinking that it is Aunty Lee cooking. Did not expect to see sister Lisa carrying the sweet and sour pork ribs to the table.