Challenge Twenty Four:

Song: "Boats And Birds" by Gregory And The Hawk

"If you'll be my star

I'll be your sky

You can hide underneath me and come out at night

I live to let you shine"

"I like you."

"He what now? What is he thinking? What the actual fuck?..." You thought, staring at Sasuke like a deer caught in the headlights.

"I shouldn't have said that. I'll... I'll see you later y/n." Sasuke muttered before turning and jogging away from you.

"Everyone knew he liked you, except for you." Gaara stated, his words shaking you out of your stupor.

"Is that why Naruto got so frustrated whenever I spent time with Sasuke?" You asked curiously.

Gaara facepalmed. "y/n, you are so incredibly oblivious that it's almost comical." He responded.

"How much have I been missing? Wait, screw that. What am I supposed to do about Sasuke?" You exclaimed before yelling every profanity known to man.

"Please calm down. We need to think of a logical answer to all of this. Talking face to face is obviously a big no-no, social media is too public..." He replied.

"Fuck! We don't have time for this! I'm calling Itachi right now!" You stated, whipping your phone out of your left pocket.

"I think that it would be best if I left now, less heartbreak I guess." Gaara attempted to smile and the sight broke your heart.

You hugged him. "I really appreciate everything that you've done for me throughout the few weeks we've known each other." You murmured.

"Thank you." He replied, pulling away and walking away from you.

You dialed Itachi's number frantically. He picked up after the first few rings. "Hello y/n, is there anything you need?" He asked.

"So I texted Gaara and we hung out and apparently Sasuke was hiding somewhere. Then Sasuke confronted Gaara since he thought Gaara and I were kissing but I just got something in my eye and Gaara was looking at it. Finally Sasuke confessed and I don't know what to do." You spit out quickly.

"Calm down, I'll pick you up and we can talk about it." Itachi replied calmly.

"I'm at Hokage park." You responded.

"I'm nearby, I'll be there in ten minutes maximum." He said and you could hear the smile in his voice. Itachi gave good advice but he seemed smug about something.

Thoughts flooded your brain as soon as you hung up. "Why would Sasuke get so jealous when I didn't even know he liked me? Has Sasuke really changed? When did he start liking me? More importantly, why would he like me?" You buried your head in your hands as you felt a headache forming.

"It's quite cold, don't you think that we should go someplace warmer?" A voice said. As your eyes refocused, you saw Itachi sitting beside you.

"You're like a ninja, I didn't even sense you. And yeah it's cold as hell." You replied honestly.

"I'll take that as a compliment. Does a cafe sound all right to you?" He asked. You nodded and he offered you a hand to pull you up.

*TImeskip To The Café*

"So now I don't know what to do and I'm freaking out!" You exclaimed as you finished telling Itachi what happened.

"Frankly, I'm not surprised. Sasuke has had many changes since you became part of his life." Itachi replied, sipping his coffee.

"But what do you think I should do about it?" You pressed.

"I think you and Sasuke need to talk. Avoiding each other isn't going to help anything." Itachi responded.

"Oh... Okay, I'll text him and see if we can meet up." You said quietly, pulling out your phone.

[Message][To Sasuke]: We need to talk.

[Message][From Sasuke]: Sooner is better. Can you meet up later today?

[Message][To Sasuke]: Yeah, where and when?

[Message][From Sasuke]: Come to my house asap.

[Message][To Sasuke]: Okay see you soon.

"I need to go meet Sasuke at your family house." You explained to Itachi.

"I'll drive you since it's a bit far from here." He replied.

When both of you were seated in the car you said, "Thanks for helping me with my problems and acting as my chauffeur."

"It's my problem too since Sasuke is my brother and he can be... questionable at times." Itachi responded. "Here were are." He added.

"Thank you again for the ride." You said earnestly.

"No y/n, thank you." Itachi stated seriously. You didn't know what Itachi meant until much later.

This story is coming to an end and I'm sad about it :/ It's my longest story ever!

~ Jess

Remember: I love you guys, so remember to love yourself <3