Challenge Eleven:

Song: "Pain" by Three Days Grace

"Pain without love,

Pain can't get enough,

Pain I like it rough

Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all."

"Holy shit, that is freaking awesome." You thought, as you watched Bruce Lee on the tv screen. You were at Naruto's house, watching an action movie in his living room.

"Hey, I'll be right back." Naruto said, pecking you on the cheek. You nodded and he left. You hoped that he hadn't seen the bright red blush on your face. You always blushed when he caught you off guard with affection. Then your phone buzzed.

[Message][From Sasuke]: You busy?

[Message][To Sasuke]: I'm at Naruto's house, sorry... What do you need? o_o

[Message][From Sasuke]: Never mind.

[Message][To Sasuke]: Seriously Sasuke, what's wrong? You hardly ever initiate a text convo with me :/

[Message][From Sasuke]: I said, never mind.

The movie ended there and Naruto returned from the bathroom. "Who're you texting?" Naruto asked curiously, looking over your shoulder.

You instantly held the phone away from him, just a little bit. "Sasuke. He wants to hang out." You stated.

"Oh okay. Do you... Know about the Itachi thing?" Naruto asked.

"Uh... Yeah I do." You replied a little awkwardly. It was silent for a moment. "Sorry, I have to get home now since it's getting late." You stated, as you put your coat on. "See you later." You added, quickly kissing Naruto on the lips briefly, before heading home.

*Timeskip Home*

"God dammit Sasuke! I already said you can't just show up on people's porches in the middle of winter! You'll get frostbite or something!" You exclaimed.

"Can you just let me in? Please." Sasuke muttered. You sighed, helped him up, and ushered him inside.

"Well, at least your manners are getting better." You commented. He scoffed in return, but it didn't seem as harsh as it usually did. "Sasuke... You've been worrying me recently." You responded with a frown. He ignored you, and sat down on your sofa. "What's wrong? Seriously, cut the bullshit and tell me what happened." You spat, crossing your arms over your chest and staring intently at him. You were starting to get irritated, all you wanted to do was help him, but it was as if he was locked shut tightly.

"Itachi woke up." Sasuke stated.

You grinned and hugged Sasuke. You were so happy for him, but why did he seem upset still? "Sasuke that's great! I'm so happy for-" You started.

"You didn't let me finish." Sasuke retorted, obviously agitated at your words and actions. You frowned in response, but nodded for him to continue. "Itachi woke up, but he doesn't remember me." He said bitterly.

"Sasuke..." You trailed off not knowing what to say to him. You decided that actions were better than words, so you hugged him. You heard him sniffling into your shoulder, and you patted his back a bit. Why was it that, whenever Sasuke told you something sad, you ended up in this position?

Sasuke eventually released you, and you offered him a glass of water, which he accepted. You handed him his glass of water, asking, "Are you alright now? Or at least, do you feel some what better?"

Sasuke nodded and softly replied, "I'm sorry for always troubling you with such trivial matters."

You almost dropped your glass in shock. "Sasuke, don't ever feel bad about talking to me! I'm your friend, god dammit! If you didn't trouble me, then I wouldn't be a true friend! And something like this sure as hell isn't trivial. Get that through your head." You practically yelled.

"I guess... But I'm always such a burden to you. You always help me, but I haven't helped you." He responded.

"Sasuke Uchiha. You have taught me more things than I could've asked for. You taught me that making friends isn't always easy, that life isn't perfect, that sometimes we need to reach out to the one's who seem the strongest, and the most important one of all; that there's sometimes more to a person then there seems. So don't you dare think you're insignificant. Because you're not. Simple as that." You exclaimed.

Sasuke was silent, staring at you in a way that no one had before. He had a combination of awe, shock, and gratefulness in his eyes. "Thank you." He said with a tiny smile. Not a smirk, but a real, genuine smile.

"And I know it hurts that Itachi doesn't remember you. But even if we forget the faces of our loved ones, we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls. Remember that, okay?" You stated, firmly.

"Okay." Sasuke answered. "Okay."

Aww more angst for poor little Sasuke. I know this was cliche, and I don't usually like to include that kind of stuff in my stories. But this story felt different for some reason, so I hope the cliche-ness wasn't too too cliche, if that makes any sense. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

~ Jess <3