Challenge Seventeen:

Song: "The Mess I Made" by Parachute

"But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made

I 'm staring at the mess I made

As you turn, you take your heart and walk away."

"What the fuck is going on?" You asked.

Sasuke looked up, eyes blazing with an unconfined anger. He scoffed and turned his head away. You glared at the back of his head and helped Naruto up and examined his face. "Are you alright?" You asked, softly stroking his cheek with your hand.

"Yeah I'm fine. Look y/n, I don't want to make trouble. I'm going to go home. I'll... I'll see you tomorrow." Naruto stated, grabbing his bag and heading out the door.

"Sasuke what the hell? You just punched him!" You exclaimed once the door shut. Sasuke ignored you and that made your anger grow. "I don't know if you understand this, but you can't just go around hitting people! You might think that's fine but it's not!" You added.

"y/n, we don't know the circumstances. Please calm down." Itachi said calmly.

You shook your head and frowned. You gathered your jacket from the back of a chair. Before heading back out the door, you turned back to look at Sasuke.

With a sad smile you said, "I thought you had changed."

*Timeskip To One Day Later*

When you walked into school and saw Sasuke, you immediately turned away from him. Whispers followed you, but you didn't give them any thought. Rumors were stupid and you brushed them off easily. But the feeling of dread stuck a little bit in your chest.

You heard a bit of a conversation, "Dude, I heard Sasuke and Naruto were fighting about something..."

Then another, "I wonder if y/n knows about this. If I was her and I knew about it, I would break up with Naruto for sure."

Finally there was the straw that broke the camel's back, "Yeah Sasuke hit Naruto cause Naruto was being an ass. Sasuke wouldn't hit anyone unless it was necessary."

You went straight up to Naruto and tapped him on the back of the shoulder, maybe a little more forcefully then you should've.

"Look we need to talk." You stated flatly. As you saw people staring you added, "In private."

"Okay." Naruto replied, following you outside to behind the school.

"Naruto I don't know what to say. You're my boyfriend and I love you. But Sasuke is my friend, and I know him well enough to know he wouldn't hit his friend without reason. It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but it's better than me never figuring it out. So why did Sasuke punch you?" You questioned.

"Alright look y/n, I love you so so much. But I got mad when I heard you had been spending time with Sasuke. I was jealous. And I said some things about you that I probably shouldn't have. I was caught up in the moment. I just wanted to make sure Sasuke understood that you were my girlfriend and not his. I'm so so so so sorry y/n, I'm so-" He spewed the words out of his mouth quickly.

You interrupted him. "What did you say about me?"

"I called you a whore." He said quietly.

You opened your mouth in shock. Your eyes widened before turning into a glare. "Look Naruto. I think we need to take a break so I can get over this and you can figure out how the fuck you're going to apologize. I'm not breaking up with you, we're just taking a mutual break. See the difference?" You asked.

Naruto nodded. "I expected you to hit me." He added with a tiny smile.

"Don't give me any ideas." You said darkly.

*Timeskip To The End of The School Day*

"Hey Sasuke..." You started. He whipped around and gave you the famous Uchiha glare. "I need to tell you something..."

"Yes what it is?" He spat. You winced at the tone he used. Sasuke frowned a little bit, his gaze softening just slightly.

"I didn't even give you a chance to explain yourself. I'm really sorry. I know I was wrong. Please accept my apology." You stated solemnly, handing him a lunch that you had made to attempt to apologize at least a little bit.

"I'll accept your apology-" Sasuke started and you smiled. "On one condition." He added. Your smile dropped instantly. "You have to say 'Sasuke you are always right. You're so smart, handsome and athletic. I'm sorry for my inconsiderate behavior towards you.'" He mimicked your voice with a squeaky high pitched voice.

"I'm not saying that!" You exclaimed angrily.

"Do you want me to accept your apology?" Sasuke asked.

"Well yes, but-" You started.

"Then say it." He interrupted.

"Sasuke you are-" You started when you saw the smug smile on his face. "Oh screw this! Fuck you! I try to apologize and you do this shit!" You exclaimed, pretending you are angrier than you actually are. You stormed away from him.

"Dude that's why you shouldn't take her apology for granted." Neji stated as he took a bite from the bento box.

Sasuke jerked the bento box away from Neji with a frown. "Stop eating it! It's mine."

You tried to hide your smile with your hand as you walked away.

This was inspired by an episode of "Boys Over Flowers". I needed a happy ending since this is the story with the most angst in it :/

~ Jess

Remember: I love you guys, so remember to love yourself <3