Challenge Three:

Song: "We Are The Champions" by Queen

"We are the champions, my friends,

And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.

We are the champions.

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions of the world."

        Everyone eventually dissipated off the field, leaving you and Naruto. "Yeah what do you want?" You asked curiously, tilting your head to the side a bit.  

        "There's a rule that the student representative can only be elected for one year. I was elected last year so my term will be ending soon. Three months to be exact. I want you to run for president in my place. I know I just met you, but I honestly don't give a shit. What I just saw there was pure potential. The elections are in three months so I'll prepare you in that time. If you accept, of course. I can't force you to do anything." Naruto explained, passion in his eyes.

        "I'm not qualified for this! I need more time to prepare at least! God this is freaking not okay!" You protested, whilst flailing your arms around. Honestly you were shocked. And maybe a little flattered. Just a little though. "Wait why me?" You asked, once you calmed down. 

        "You know Sasuke, right?" Naruto asked. You nodded. "He's my best friend but he needs to learn humility. He's also running, but I need to leave it in the hands of someone worthy. Sasuke means a lot to me, but the school also means a lot to me as well. I hope you understand..." Naruto trailed off at the end of his speech.

        "If it means this much to you, I guess I'll do this... You're my friend after all." You responded with a quiet smile. 

        Naruto turned and gave you his best toothpaste model smile. He practically tackled you in a hug and you laughed a little at his enthusiastic actions. 

*Timeskip Three Months*

        "Thank you all for supporting me as president. I appreciate it so much! But now we have the two candidates running for president; Sasuke Uchiha and y/n l/n. Give a round of applause for Sasuke as he's our first speaker!" Naruto exclaimed cheerfully. Everyone clapped politely. 

        "I'll make this school better by being the student president. I'm smart, rich, kind and athletic... What else do we need in a representative? I trust you all will make the right decision and will vote for me. Thank you for listening to my speech." Sasuke said smugly. Everyone cheered but you frowned. His short speech was arrogant and frankly bullshit. He stepped off the stage after waving to the crowd. 

        "Okay thank you Sasuke. Now we have y/n l/n." Naruto continued. There was a significant change in applause. Less people were clapping. Well it's probably because Sasuke's fan club was sending glares at everyone.

        "I'm y/n l/n if you didn't already know. Aka I'm the new girl. I would like to give a quick thanks to Naruto for mentoring me and helping me these last three months, I really appreciate it..." You said, looking at Naruto. He winked and nodded for you to continued your speech.

        "I'm here running for president in my first year at this school. You're probably wondering why I would be so courageous or stupid, depending on your opinion. I'm doing it because I want this to be important year. I want to do this for you, and I want to make a lasting change." You paused and took a breath before you continued. 

        "I know most people would talk about how they're so prepared for this position. They would talk about how they're so smart or how they are so kind so they'll be a great representative. But I'm going to step outside of that idea and talk about us a as a grade. Because, this isn't about me, it's about us. We're no longer in middle school, but we're not sophomores or even seniors. We have a lot to learn and we still have to grow. Now we're in high school, this is no longer a time to fool around like when we were in middle school." You said, feeling more and more confident in your words.

        "But putting all of that aside, I just wanted to remind you that you matter. You can change the world if you put your mind to it. You can make a name for yourself. You can be the person that stands for what is right, even if it means standing alone. You are strong. You can do anything you set your mind to. And always remember to never give up. There's no such thing as an ending, just a new beginning. Thank you for your time." You finished. 

        The loud applause shocked you. You even got a standing ovation. Sasuke looked extremely upset. You smiled and bowed once, before heading back to your seat. Sasuke glared over at you from the seat to your left. You shot him a slightly smug smile. He huffed and looked away as if he was better than you. You rolled your eyes and looked up at the stage where Naruto stood.

        "Okay the ballots will be passed out tomorrow during your first period. We'll announce the winner at the end of the day over the intercom. Good luck! Everyone's dismissed now." Naruto announced. It was weird to see him be serious and use his authority since he was such a goofy guy.

        You were walking out of the auditorium when someone grabbed your arm. "Hey! Your speech was great! Everyone is gonna vote for you!" Naruto announced. 

        You hugged him. You two had gotten really close in the past three months. "Thanks! I really couldn't have done it without you though..." You responded with a smile. 

*Timeskip To Announcements* 

        "I'm excited to announce the new student representative! So listen up!" Naruto exclaimed, voice slightly crackly over the intercom. Everyone was hushing their friends and staring up at the speaker. "The winner is... y/n l/n! Congratulations!" Naruto said cheerfully. You smiled a small smile and nodded appreciatively towards people who smiled towards you. 

        Not bad y/n, not bad.

Yay new chapter! It's currently 2:32 am and it's Monday, well now it's Tuesday technically. Insomnia keeps me up most of the time so that's when I do my best writing. I hope you all enjoy this story, I've been having bad writers block again currently so when inspiration hit earlier (around 1 hour ago) I was like "to hell with it" and I opened my laptop. I might start a online chat room story ;D *hint hint*

~ Jess <3

I have no idea where I want to go with this story if I'm completely honest, so direct/private message me if you have any suggestions for the story!